11.13.2013

Daughters, Dolls, and Doctor Who (Guest Post at Finding Heaven)





I have the honor of sharing my heart over at Jen Ferguson's place,  Finding Heaven today. She has been doing a series called Reflections on Time. I'll turn comments off here, so you can join the conversation there. If you are a Dr. Who fan, you will feel at home with my words, but if you do not know about this popular BBC Science Fiction program, I promise you will still relate, as I ponder the moments that have come and gone in my current career as a parent. Look with me now through the eyes of a mom, longing to cling to a fixed point in time. I'll start you:


     My daughter sits on the floor, cross legged, brushing a doll's hair while watching an episode of her latest favorite Science Fiction series,  Doctor Who. Six dolls  surround her as I capture her with my camera. She huffs her disapproval,  "Really, Mom!" I watch and wonder where the time has gone. Click on over and finish reading...