10.15.2013

Sunlight Whispers

Credit


Sunlight makes
frames across
the hardwood,

and I am still.

Sun beams enter through window's eye
shadows laying on wooden floor
my chest rises, 
and falls
heavy with a heaven sent sigh

I see you there
beyond the glare
in the rustling 
branches...

Whisper, will you?

I will hear-
beyond the cars,
engine sounds and swoosh...

I'm here-

and stillness meets
stillness

becoming one
I long to merge with 
the shadows
from the sun

extinguish darkness
with the light-
entering
still,
in plain sight

Whisper, will you?

I will sense 
your warm breath 
close,
upon my neck,

closer still
closer

when all becomes
rustling branch
sunlight 's dance
in window's eye
and whispers, I hear
when shadows die
and I am still
and you are near...

Whisper, will you?

I will hear.

Linking with my friends at dVerse Poets Pub. 

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! In the stillness, a whisper is loud enough....and gives a special flavour to the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice...i long a bit for that stillness today...long one...maybe i will have a sit down with Him on the way home...smiles....listening for the whisper...

    ReplyDelete
  3. stillness meets stillness...so much that you feel his warm breath... love the magic here...and yes..i need such times as well again..

    ReplyDelete
  4. A meditative feel in this piece. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stillness meets stillness - a fabulous line among many other fine ones. We all need some of that precious stillness in our lives, Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That imagery with the sunlight on the wall draw me in.. a comforting solitude with someone still asleep... very warm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm all about listening to the whispers, beautiful, loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think God speaks often in whispers. Slowing down and pressing in to hear them. Love your poetry!

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)