9.03.2013

You Win Some...(Poetry Contest Results)




I entered a poetry contest earlier this Summer at Christian Creative Writers. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that my poem Ship Bound for Madness won first place in the 18th CCW Contest! Why don't you pop on over and check it out at CCW  and also while you are there be sure to read the second and third place winners. I especially appreciated Doug Blair's poem titled Innkeeper. 


Lora, the site administrator at CCW has a passion for Christian Writers and her desire is to encourage, help develop and share talents through this writing forum.

This is a quote from her site:

"I have a passion for Christian writers. All over the world Christians are slowly, but steadily, losing their voices. Those who have control of the media (books, movies, music, etc.) have control of the hearts and minds of the masses. My hope is that I might help a few Christians develop their voices through writing in order to keep the truth of Jesus Christ spreading. We need more Christians capturing the hearts and minds of the masses!"


Currently the poem is posted on the Main Home Page as well as in the Contest Winners Archives.
For those who may not already know, I also go by the name Modern Day Disciple.  


Soli Deo Gloria!

USE this for BLOG




Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. congrats my beautiful, talented friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Dawn. You definitely have a poet's soul, and your gift shines in everything you write. I'm glad you've been recognized and celebrated in this way. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! I am not surprised with the incredible talent you have for writing!! Blessings and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Congratulations!! Heading over to read your poem!

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)