9.28.2013

Welcome to The 31 Days of Fitting in Fitness (October 1-31)



Welcome, Friends!
However you may have stumbled upon this 31 Day Challenge (hosted by The Nester), I want to you to make yourself at home here and also invite you to join me in my chosen journey for the next 31 days...Fitting in Fitness. I have been blogging primarily about the topics of Faith, Journal Writing and Life  - or as I like to say Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust, for the past 2 1/2 years. To say my own fitness has been on the back burner would be an understatement, but here is the good news: You and I get to journey together as we try to fit fitness into our current daily lives.

 The fact is life happens while you're busy making other plans, right?

But, I have the plans all ready for you, you just fit it in, in a way that makes sense to you, track the process and record your progress!

Here is what you can expect:

1. I have created a Fitness Packet which includes:
a. Cover Page and Disclaimer
b. Anytime Stretch Routine and Optional Test
c. "Core and More Challenge" 31 days of exercises
d. "Be Gentle With Me Option" 31 days of exercises
e. Journal 1- exercise tracker for c.
f. Journal 2- blank exercise tracker for d, or DIY program
*please modify and adjust as needed.

*I am not so tech savvy but the document is available on Scribd (scroll down- it is also embedded in this post). I am not completely happy with how it turned out and have been trying to modify it, but if you contact me via e-mail, I will be happy to send you a copy for easy printing. If anyone has any suggestions how to make this better, I am open to that. I will also continue to work on the Scribd site- which is neat, but all new to me, to improve the document.

2. Each week on Sunday I will post the week's "challenge" or "intention", which is the basic plan for each day of the week (taken from the above documents) with some pictures and instructions for clarification. (Week 1: DETAILS )

3. I am posting all information a tad earlier this weekend so you have time to prepare print out and start fresh, mentally as well as physically.The testing at the beginning is optional, and I do not recommend it for everyone.If you have been sedentary, I would advise against it. Day 1 is not the day to go from stop to overdrive. The goal is to be more active, not give ourselves another excuse to crawl back to the couch! 

4. All Posts related to The 31 Days of Fitting in Fitness can be found at The Landing Page which will be conveniently located at the blog sidebar.

5. One thing I want to  let you know is I am leading and participating in this journey as a blogger/participant, not a Personal Trainer-I am sharing my journey and pray it blesses you wherever you are. If participating in this 31 day challenge helps you incorporate activity into your life regularly then it will have been a successful endeavor. If it does not do this for you (although I will be praying it will!) then don't give up- find what works for you!

6. Additionally I am utilizing the Couch to 5K program for the aerobic aspect of my fitness challenge. I have no desire to run competitively and have already run a 5K race many moons ago. I like this program because it is a great beginning running program for almost anyone. Seriously, I have not run much since my hip injury and I may have to revert to walking. Like you, I will adjust as needed. Those who choose the Be Gentle With Me Fitness option have a very doable walking program included in their 31 day challenge while The Core and More option does not (hence this addition).

7. This is not required but if you all want to check in on the Sunday post with a link/or comment in the comment section, to encourage one another, share victories, setbacks and how you are doing, I am open for that. BUT, I stress I don't want this to be a burden: show up if you want or need, otherwise carry on!


*The day has finally come when I make good on this quote from my  first post ever  on this blog: "What about the fitness part? Oh yes, dear friend...sigh, that will have to be a post for another day. But, it is true much of my adult life has been spent on the pursuit of the physical. I have much to share with you from my experiences in the field of fitness...lessons and stories and memories, OH MY!"

So welcome, dear friend, to 31 Days of Fitting in Fitness!
This is long overdue, but just the right time- Amen? 
Bring it on!

*E -mail me at dawn.paoletta@gmail.com if you would like me to send you a copy of the documents.

31 Days of Fitting in Fitness ©Dawn Paoletta/Beneath the Surface: Breath of Faith
Disclaimer: The information provided in this blog and any documents associated with Beneath the Surface: Breath of Faith, Dawn Paoletta and/or 31 Days of Fitting in Fitness  IS NOT intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment. This program is for educational and informative purposes only and IS NOT INTENDED as medical or professional advice. Use of the fitness program herein is at the sole choice and risk of the reader. Always consult your doctor before making any changes to your exercise/fitness, diet or nutrition program. If you choose not to obtain the consent of your physician and/or work with your physician while using any information here in http://beneaththesurface-dawn.blogspot.com/ website and blog, you are agreeing to accept full responsibility for your actions.





*Special thanks to Barbie for the beautiful blog button and prayers for health restored for her journey!



2 comments:

  1. Cheering you on! Not taking the challenge but planning on walking, etc. more. :)

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)