9.20.2013

Girl Talk (5 Minute Friday-She)

Credit


When we say She,
let it be 
that every word 
upon our lips 
edifies relationships

When we say she,
may it be said of us
that we did not once  throw
the one not present 
"under the bus."

When we say she
let those around us see
all that 
girls and woman can be
because of One sweet Savior's
gift of Calvary

May our talk reflect
the giver's dialect
and may every she 
we see,
be blessed.


I'm just laying here all scrunched up in bed with my daughter's tiny laptop and thinking about how sweet it would be if girl talk could always magnify His grace. Happy Friday, Friends. So here is my 5 minutes of untamed verse,
for those of you who would like to join in, Click and join the  ride!
Five Minute Friday

Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog! and beautiful post. love the sounds of the waves and thanks so much for sharing with us tonight! in addition, thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! so funny that my middle name is Dawn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, That was beautiful and please let it be! You are my neighbor on 5 Minute Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dawn... just so much yes to this! For this is how He intended Girl Talk to go... not to tear down or rip apart, but to build up and bind together! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post...let it be! :) and thanks for the calming waves..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love coming here! Your words are so real, honest, and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my background of being in a holiness church for several years, I remember that my words are to MAGNIFY Jesus. I have learned not to talk badly about someone or talk behind their back. I like your poem. It tells me that others are trying to edify those around them. GOOD POST.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh if we could always remember this and practice it in our everyday conversations...I like also what "quietspirit" said above that our words "are to magnify Jesus". Yes, if we build up instead of tear down, show love instead of judgment, we will magnify Jesus. Thank you for these thoughts today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your visit, Dawn! I love being on the beach, looking out at the ocean, and feeling the eternal.

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)