9.02.2013

Best Summer Moments Captured (#1 Mystic Aquarium)

In June we visited the Mystic Aquarium in Connecticut, with fellow Homeschoolers for our end of school field trip. Pictured above My Girl with one of the Beluga Whales that resides at this beautiful aquarium.

So, this Monday is the Monday that officially ends Summer. Unless you live in Narragansett, Rhode Island, in which case, the end of Summer is celebrated locally with an appropriately named beach gathering: Summer's End Festival. Until then, I have decided to take a fond look back on my favorite Summer moments and share them here. Since I live like a local tourist, one never knows what (or whom) might be captured with my random, wandering lens! 

This Summer we visited Mystic Aquarium, and while my hubs and sweet girl wandered off to the Stingrays, I lingered snapping hundreds of photos of the Beluga whales. One of the funniest, cutest moments I caught on camera, by happenstance, occurred when a group of middle school aged boys approached the glass to observe and photograph the giant, gentle creatures. I continued to snap away, but what made this memorable was the Beluga's response to the boys. One boy in particular who was wearing an orange cap, caught the Beluga's attention. Captured below is the photos in order of occurrence. The Beluga seemed to have something to say to this boy, or perhaps he was opposed to orange. Either way he continued to circle, each time singling out this boy and gesturing a vocal-less scream! The first time it took everyone by surprise, since they mostly swim, smile and wink as they circle. It was just such a great laugh and memorable moment. I wish I could have caught the boys response better- they all got such a kick out of it and were taken aback with outrageous glee. 







Counting on...

472. We made it through the first day of homeschool AND LOOK- I even squeezed a blog post in- Woohoo!
473. Yard sales!
474. Meeting so many nice folks while selling my junk  treasure... junk...STUFF!
475. My Dad making it through two surgeries wonderfully so far with one to go - maybe? Answered prayer. Amen.
476. A smooth first day of homeschool. Apparently I am going to gloat on this one for a bit. Thank you, Lord. I will not fear tomorrow. I will not fear tomorrow...
477. Oh, sweet Word of God.
478. Freedom bringing, joyful giving OBEDIENCE to His will! The power, presence and authority to do as He wills.
479. Grace for the day. Enough.
480. The beauty of releasing stuff that no longer serves me. Learning to really LET GO. Because I do not need every single piece of paper my daughter has ever written on since birth. No really, I don't. Amen. But saving a few. ;)
481. Beautiful Summer memories
482. Our SUmmer was not perfect, we had some really challenging and NOT fun moments.Thank you, Lord that your grace IS sufficient for all of our moments. The good, bad, ugly and not so perfect!






 

Titus 2 Tuesdays @ Cornerstone Confessions

Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. visiting from Ann's...

    those photos are amazing and such fun! been forever since i was at the aquarium in mystic. maybe we need to make a trip back with our gang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful to hear your dad has come through his surgeries well so far. Continued prayers going up. And yay for successfully completing your first day/week of homeschool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. Praying for your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful summer! Love the aquarium photos and the sounds of the ocean.

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)