7.02.2013

The Author's Desire

Credit


I long for you to
curl up on the corner of your couch 
and 
read me,
pierce me 
with your eyes,
pillage through my pages-

insignificance trails like a hound
my only chance 
for escape-

the sound of you
 turning pages
devouring 
my poured out soul

keep me from 
that which I fear
obscurity
irrelevance

let our minds intermingle like 
warm wine 
on tongue
sweet, not dry-
instead
ripe, full bodied, red

find me
satisfying, mystifying-
intoxicatingly
well said.


Linking at the Pub, ooh-la-la for Open Link Night at dVerse-
Come on over!


Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. smiles...and taking that time each day, accepting that invitation...it def has a way of refreshing your view of what happens the rest of the day...smiles...i like that you capture the Authors intentions...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feels like escaping into a wonderful book....ahhh....nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feels like escaping into a wonderful book....ahhh....nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. smiles...i prefer dry wine..but that surely is a matter of taste...smiles..and there def. is a nice intimacy that can be found in reading a good book

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic, felt like Harry Potter getting pulled into the pages....though this was no diary of Tom Riddle ! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love. Love. Love. (Did I mention I love this?)

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)