5.10.2013

Reliant on Him (5 Minute Friday- Comfort)



It's not that I have all the answers.
I really wish I did. I mean I want the answers.
Want to get it right. All the time.
Keep messing up.

I wonder if this life is just one circular lesson.
Bringing me round again, to the reality.
The real.
That none of it matters but the simplest.

Those basic things taken for granted.
Food on the table.
Roof overhead.
A husband with an easy laugh and smile in the face of adversity.
A daughter who is smart enough to keep me leaning hard on God.

All of these circumstances that leave me crying out, desperate, feeling incapable.

Reliant on Him.

Is this what almost half a century of living brings me back to?

My comfort rests completely in His faithfulness.
On His grace.


Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
 They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”
Lamentations 3:22-24



This verse keeps coming back to me lately and it is the verse that came to mind when I thought of the word "Comfort", as Lisa-Jo shared tonight.

This is my go to verse these past few weeks...and I realize now, my comfort and portion is His faithfulness. Thank you for allowing me to ponder this tonight Lisa-Jo! It all connected.
I know it's not very "Mother's Day" but ya gotta go with the flow...





Five Minute Friday


Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. OH mylanta...I'm so grateful you followed your gut with this one, friend.
    beautiful...
    yes...

    (missed you at #FMFParty--sorry I couldn't make it--got caught up in chatting with my hubby!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely understandable. Thanks for making it by tonight...I mean today!

      Delete
  2. His faithfulness IS such a thing of comfort and beauty. I hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn - thank you for this verse! I had not heard it before, and it is a great one! Keep your head up and keep relying on him :) He's got this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those verses...and the promises in them. I am so thankful that His mercies are new every morning; I need that new start...it's definitely something to take comfort in! Great post...blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful promise, to know that He is faithful, from everlasting to everlasting. Have a blessed weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful...yes The Lord is always there and faithful! Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "My comfort rests completely in His faithfulness. On His grace." Learning this is what it is all about isn't it. I am so glad you shared with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://samaranavi.blogspot.ca/2013/05/is-it-true.html

    Here is my post for Friday on GLUTTONY.

    It is so true...life is a repetitive event...living on the spiral and keep hitting those same tender spots over and over and getting a greater chance to say "Please G-d, Please G-D" each time we hit it. Oy! It is so hard sometimes...sometimes I just want that spiral to go away and be a straight line...but it won't :( Lovies always, Samara

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a blessing this post was for me, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Dawn, this really hit me! I loved your words. I don't have all the answers but I do know the One who does. So glad we connected through our blog world.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is just where God wants us...fully reliant on Him. Going to Him alone for comfort. Great post and love the water!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. learning that simplicity is something we are always learning...as we seem by nature at times to want to clutter our lives with things....and always coming back to what really matters...and where we find the power...smiles

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)