4.16.2013

When God Says Hush

Credit


When God says, "Hush, what's your rush?"
interrupting my mental notes,
I push back my hair-
respond, "Are you there?"
turning back to my long list of quotes

When God pushes back the drapes of my day
allowing me a glimpse
of our walk today
gently I nudge my agenda His way
awaiting an approving nod.

When God tip toes into my morn,
I hardly know He's there-
but through the blinds
dust specked rays quietly reflect the dawn

When God slips quietly into my night
starlight shimmers
twinkling light
I stare heavenward
adoring the sight

When God says "Hush"
I submit to His pause
and sneak off to our secret place
behind closed doors
and let Him minister
again in awe
through tears, fears and so much more-
When God says "Hush",
I realize
there's more I need than meets the eyes
and in His sovereign grace,
I wait.

Upon His lowly estate I rest,
trusting at the end of the test
that as He is, I will be
strengthened by that which I cannot see
But all to Him is needful,
pain and beauty intermingle
through and through
bringing His glory
like morning dew.


©Dawn Paoletta


Linking with dVerse

It's National Poetry Month...I blogged about it right here

8 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! Dawn, this is absolutely beautiful! I could feel the call of the Holy Spirit on this. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing is awesomely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally impressed with your poem, with your communion with God, and with your "Hush" -- beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done something wonderful here, what a blessing your words are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful and reverent prayer.Many would envy your communication with the Divine and the peace it brings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful....makes me want to listen for God's 'hush!' to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When God says hush..beautiful for in the silence you can hear..

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)