4.09.2013

Purpose Missing (Return to the Garden)

Credit

Why do these days linger, Lord?

When time stands still-
opens old wounds

tears spill
One drop on the table,
now two

I sit alone,
with my tears for company
sniffing back 
dripping nose
and I wipe my nose
but let the tears fall

wondering the meaningless of it all

when purpose becomes 
useless
dead
stolen

What of it?

Would you peel back the day of my birth 
and reveal to me my purpose ?

 Job days grow old, Lord
and I long to walk 
through 
open fields
Chasing a few butterflies myself.

My purpose stillborn?
Am I better off dead?
Has it been aborted,
cast away with the dreams 
of faceless masses?

What of it?

What of the good things?
The promises?

I'm left like 
salty, dime-sized
water drops on the table

still,
useless,
waiting
 to be wiped away
gone,
as if never appearing at all.

Bring alive in my memory
days of romping through long grass
fearless-
confident of your love
wild, free, cage-less
sky smiling overhead
all was good
unspoiled
unsoiled
mossy carpets,
beneath my feet and
 pine needle paths

Holy ground found
in secret places I roamed
alone 
in the garden
home sweet home. 




Linking with dVerse for Open Link Night
and EMILY for Imperfect Prose on Thursday!













10 comments:

  1. If only he could have prayed those words before....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, sounds like it's time to read Ecclesiastes, Job, and the Gethsemane. Looking for the purpose that will turn a heart of bone into a heart of flesh. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm left like
    salty, dime-sized
    water drops on the table

    love that bit...and have been there and felt...and some days still trying to find my place in the after of ministry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian, thanks for always getting my words. ;)

      Delete
  4. Good that Eden is found after being lost. Been there too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much here I can relate to, wanting to go back to simpler times when things felt carefree. Lovely. So glad you linked up to Imperfect Prose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh friend, it's beautiful, but i'm worried about you... is everything okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily, yes and no! I messaged you on Facebook- in case you miss that (easy to do on FB)

      Delete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)