3.16.2013

When I Consider The Cross {Meditation for Lent}





When I consider the cross

all I perceive I have lost...

is nothing.


When I consider the cross

I count the cost,

but not my own.


When I consider the cross

love not forced

but given,

rejected,

spat on,

infected by sin...

my own.


When I consider the cross

purity certain,

untainted-

exchanged for my burden

undeserved,

yet mine.


When I consider the cross

I hold out my hand,

lay down my demands

for my way,

my "rights"

all become memory...

in hopes 

of something greater.


When I consider the cross

His selflessness

unparalleled-

unfathomable grace-

ludicrous, YES!


Yet, I confess,

I would rather have it His way,

than my way 

at last. 


When I consider your heavens,
 the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
    which you have set in place,
 what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
    human beings that you care for them?
You have made them a little lower than the angels
    and crowned them with glory and honor.
Psalm 8:3-5






Have you considered the Cross, lately?





Linking most recently Tuesday afternoon for Open Link Night at dVerse!


Linking with:
Thrive @ Home Link-Up

Barbie for The Weekend Brew


17 comments:

  1. I'm with you Dawn...I would rather have it His way than my way! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for helping me consider Him tonight. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that HE is mindful of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard to fathom the God of the universe desiring me! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. His way works a LOT better than mine, I know that for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was wonderful, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much to think on and consider...we could do it everyday and still never fully understand all that the cross has done and how much He loves us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely! Yes, I think of the cross and how unworthy of it all I feel. His gift is indeed unfathomable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm stopping by from Jumping Tandem's Sunday.
    So beautiful.
    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, so much is involved when we consider the Cross. So powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sitting here trying to think of a word other than "powerful" because If feels like I say that about your words all the time....but this is deliciously powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would rather have it His way, too.
    Thank you for your meditation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's a daily walk to the cross to get the dimensions right again...at least for me..

    ReplyDelete
  14. his way is much easier than ours...and to consider what it really means to take up that cross daily...well i wonder at how many would truly do it...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So very encouraging and inspiring. Thank you so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So much to take in Dawn. We'll never fully get tot the bottom of it. I'm just so glad that we're not required to understand, simply to accept what he did for us.

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)