3.23.2013

The Return






For “you were like sheep going astray,” 
but now you have returned 
to the Shepherd and Overseer
 of your souls.
1 Peter 2:25


Oh, to know we are safe in the bosom of our Savior.
Because of nothing we have done, will do or can do.
Because He loves us with an everlasting love.
Because He is Love.
Rejoice and Rest in this truth.
Once, sheep going astray...
Now safely secured in the Way.

This painting is by the C. Michael Dudash who happens to be one of my favorite artists!
Someday I hope to own an original! 


Linking up on a beautiful weekend, seeking rest and encouragement along with these friends!


11 comments:

  1. Wow. That is a beautiful picture. I love the tenderness on our Shepherd's face and the strength of His hands to hold the lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This painting speaks even louder than any words about the gentleness and love we experience as we learn to rest in our Lord's arms! Beautiful.
    Blessings
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, my friend. What a beautiful picture to go along with such a comforting truth from God's Word.

    You know I LOVE Dudash's portraits, too, as I've used quite a few in my own blog. I don't recall seeing this one.

    I hope one day (soon?!) to learn that you are the proud and oh-so-happy owner of one of his paintings.

    Much love to my BBFF,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh to be held in the Shepherd's Arms like that! Guess what? We are! He is tenderly guarding His sheep...you and me! What a joyous promise! Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Jesus always holds the lambs so tenderly. Yet in the tenderness there is a fierceness that keeps us from harm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of the song..."This is how it feels to be held..." Always wanted someone just to tell me that everything would be all right. And He does.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful painting! I am so thankful that My Shepherd cares for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great Holy Week and blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing these encouraging words and the lovely picture that illustrates it so well.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)