3.24.2013

Spring's Desire


I find myself longing for something new.
Not that I am discontent. 
I am not. 

I have peace. 
Am content.

Yet I feel a longing within,
not dissatisfaction,
for that stirs up 
negative connotations.

Is there a fresh wind blowing?

Have the winds of March left 
the feathers strewn, dried leaves dancing?

Questions prancing through my mind, like horses
waiting on Spring's kiss.
Nostrils flare, warm breath meets cold air,
I stand waiting as thoughts gallop on past.


Credit 

There is a stirring within my soul,
I've not forgotten
my ultimate goal.
I am your pupil- the center of your eye
Confident am I, of your love.

But there is a new day dawning and I sense the morning
whispering sweet promises blurred by mist.

I walk the shore, winter's abandoned rocks glimmer, 
washed clean in salty splashes-
beaten, tossed, worn and beautiful...



Am I like a rock, Lord?

Am I beautiful?

What does Spring promise?
Hope eternal in colorful blooms,
new life,
glimpses of green.

Mr. Robin, don't be dismayed,
though it may seem
Spring is delayed,
He has made everything beautiful in it's time.

Hope in His faithfulness.

I find my hope in the blue sky of your eyes,
the white clouds of your hair,
the solid strength of the trees reaching low, reaching high
the wind that blows my hair wild...

Lord, quench my longing with your presence,
let me bask in the quietness of an eternal glory that far outlasts a season.
Hope eternal, bubbling up,
living water to satisfy the thirst of my soul. 

Spring blooms in the confidence of your love.

Am I like a flower, Lord?

Am I lovely?

What will Spring deliver this year?
Will I be renewed with the thaw?
Dew kissed promises refresh the heart.

Credit

Make me brand new, Jesus.
Roll the stone, make me alive-
Call my name- loudly
I will rise.


Make me new, without compromise.
Renew my heart, without disguise.

Let my life reflect You.
Let your presence abide 
and shine through.

Let your life
truly be
 Spring eternal rising up from
 within me.

*With special thanks for the beautiful horses captured on film and shared by Kelly Laffey of Laffey's Irish Animals. 


I always try to link with my friends at dVerse...
check out some really great poetry there:







18 comments:

  1. This is lovely Dawn! Spring is……opportunity, and opportunity does not exist without a desire for change. :) To take advantage of every opportunity that God places before us, we must embrace it and look at all the positive possibilities that exist if we change our attitudes, our perspective, and our thinking...

    Blessings and love this new spring!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, Denise. Yes I am asking God to change my attitude, perspective and thinking. He has giving me many opportunities, I do not want to shrink back because of my "little faith"! Thank you for your words of wisdom as always.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Denise. Feeling His joy today!

      Delete
  3. You have such a way with words...and poetry. Such a gift. That was beautiful. I sense your yearning for a springtime of another sort...May God meet you there and bring your hopes and dreams to fulfillment...His way, in His time. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam- Hugs and appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  4. i know i will be...when i thaw out...ha....spring always has such a way of renewing my spirit...cant wait...perhaps easter will be our break through...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prying for a lovely Spring for you and yours , Brian- and renewal, too!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful, you captured the prayer in my heart. May you find all the answers you seek and God's blessings. Dropping by from dVerse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzy, thanks for visiting- I will return the visit- I get behind sometimes !

      Delete
  6. Dis-satisfaction doesn't have to be a negative feeling; it can simply be the expression of the desire that things were different/better in some perhaps intangible way.

    There is a real beauty in the passionate prayer that this poem is, Dawn. I believe your words are heard and will be answered. God delights to give us good things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you and I agree that dis-satisfaction can be a desire fr new...even the initiation, perhaps.

      Delete
  7. I think we were born to constantly discover or rediscover newness. It seems like life follows the seasons, too, and we long for that rebirth/resurrection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an interesting thought. Yes, I agree!

      Delete
  8. Such a beautiful poem for spring of hope, of rolled stone, of resurrection.

    Thanks for sharing your song to God, Dawn. I hopped in from Kel's to go on reading the whole poem.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Lolita, so glad you stopped by- nice to meet you! Thanks for your words.

      Delete
  9. Oh I love that! Like a rock.....my most favorite memories shared on the river with the rocks, picking them up, studying them, sorting them, using them to sooth our aching back, watching the river run over them, through them, around them, treasuring them. Am I like a rock? Looking forward to following your blog Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love rocks! Nice meeting you and thanks for the follow, I will be by to visit! I notice you have two Blogs! Yowsa- I have trouble keeping up with one! Good trouble though...;)

      Delete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)