2.26.2013

Forgiven





He came that I might know
truth.

Have life.

Live love.

Overcome as He overcame
death.

He lives now
so that I can...
know how
to live today
and forever

I wish I could say I know all
but choose instead
to learn to know the One
who said:
 *“I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, 
even though they die;
 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. 
Do you believe this?”

so I die...

to my own selfish ambitions, 
and trust

that if I crucify
the me in I

Somehow I live and never die,

because He lives, so do I. 

simple, 
grand,
 a maddening plan,
I have my part 
I take His hand-
I choose
life


by grace through faith,
I believe
I am 
forgiven.


Amen.




*John 11:25-26
Ephesians 2:8 (grace through faith)
I am Linking with Create with Joy for Wordless Wednesday (but I had a few words) 
and my friends at dVerse for some poetic justice on a Tuesday afternoon!



14 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! And beautiful photos on your Blog! Have a happy sunshiny day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's as good a summary of Christian faith as I've come across in a good while. In fact, with your permission, I might use this in a service at some point. Obviously, I will ensure that it is clear that you wrote this and not me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Share away, my friend. It's all His story after all...;)

      Delete
  3. I wish I could say I know all
    but choose instead
    to learn to know the One

    ha, and in that we know what we need...and crucify the me in I...nice....powerful words ma'am

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a gifted writer/poet/word weaver! Thank you for being YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was amazingly beautiful! Blessings ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. it was a fantastic plan, wasn't it...one that no one expected..powerful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dawn
    As I was reading your poem, the thought crossed my mind that this death we need to die, we only do to experience the resurrected life of our Lord Jesus. And this is the only life worth living ... a life lived in Him!
    Much love
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really inspiring... and this is great:

    that if I crucify
    the me in I
    Somehow I live and never die

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)