1.08.2013

How Do I Capture Today?


Credit

How do I capture today
without letting it slip away?
Sand in a bottle,
a photograph, clipping of hair,
a hearty laugh...
How do I  capture today?

Though I try, I can't make it stay
a newspaper clip,
magazine slip
In the background I hear the tick
and tock
of the clock
How do I capture today?

Let worry not steal it away-
I hope, I think, I pray...

Yet in the end
time's not my friend
How can I capture today?

I'd like to hold up my hand
Stop time in its tracks- on demand
hang on to a moment in time
one of my own design

Sadly, my friend
on me
time does not depend
still-
 I wish I could comprehend
how do I capture today,
when in the end
my dear friend, 
it only slips away.



Linking with dVerse!




4 comments:

  1. the best way to capture the day is to live it....we cant hold onto it....and the more we try the faster it seems to go...pictures/poems...capture a bit of it but you got to have the stink of the day on you to really get it...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand this poem...feel it deep within me today. Jim Croce and a top hit song about that way back probably before you were born: "If I could put time in a bottle..." loved that song. Your poem speaks to me. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good question ... how to capture the day. I think I would answer it by saying that we could live in the moments we're in, right under our feet, rather than reflecting too heavily on the past, or always looking toward what's next. Thank you for causing me to pause and consider this.

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)