10.01.2012

Tough Guys And Drama Queens by Mark Gregston {Book Review}




Tough Guys And Drama Queens- How Not To Get Blindsided By Your Child's Teen Years is a useful and practical tool to tuck into your parental toolbox for the years ahead. Regardless if you have a Princess or a Prince, this book offers very straightforward parental advice without making you feel like an epic parental failure in the process. Thank you, Mr. Gregston.  
Finally, a realistic view I can totally relate to!  
I am so grateful for this book and the timing of it as I deal with my own sweet Drama Queen in the making.
Mark Gregston really gets to the heart of the teens, tweens and all that lurks in between the turbulent transitional years of puberty and adolescence. 
He deals with the culture differences of the day without excuse and also offers heaps of guidelines and boundaries that make sense. I get the sense that gracious, patient and compassionate describe both author and the directives he delivers in this parental guidebook. 
The book is broken up into three main parts. Part one tackles the challenges of today's culture and it's impact and influence on both parents and kids. Part two addresses parental practices to avoid (Um, yeah, Guilty for us on many!). Part three focuses on parenting practices that actually work with some clarification. 
That  two Appendixes which are also helpful in my opinion are titled
 Conversation Starters and How To Discuss Conflict.
I found his approach to be biblical, reasonable and
 challenging without coming off as preachy or judgmental.

Good reality check for parenting techniques you may be employing that will hinder your relationship with your child in the time they need you most. 

Mark Gregston, along with his wife, serves as Executive Director for Heartlight Ministries and hosts Parenting Today's Teens radio talk show. 

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. 
The opinions I have expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)