10.09.2012

This Too Shall Pass


Image Credit

Enjoy prosperity while you can, but when hard times strike,
realize that both come from God.
 Remember that nothing is certain in this life.
Ecclesiastes 7:14 (NLT)


Lord, 

I have no words to pray-
just wonder why today...

why others are blessed
while I'm distressed

why trials are mine 
while others seem fine

why they have more
and are so sure

of things I doubt
yet continue to tout

and if I have no words to say
what then does my heart betray?

a quiet trust
or that I must

seek Him still 
my heart to fill

to see His face
feel His embrace

trust Him now
for what I know not

obeying Him here
 is where I must start

This too shall pass.



Linking over at Open Link Night @ dVerse!

11 comments:

  1. Sometimes "this too shall pass" is the saving grace isn't it? grab it and hang on for dear life. beautiful and haunting words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it will pass but i have asked those questions myself...esp when it seemed i was in long periods of struggle...seasons are a good reminder...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit I often wonder that - but I know some day it will be okay. This too will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking about this just the other day--the hard work of persevering and trusting when we are in the middle of a trial. And very often, I find myself in the middle more than ever at the end, where victory is supposed to reside, Dawn. Thanks so much for your honest nudge to embrace the mystery and mess of life as we trust in the One who redeems all our messes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeking the truth is the most beautiful thing. Him who gives and forever benevolent. Nicely Dawn!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  6. This too shall pass is on my mind today! Beautifully written

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good reminder to live in the present moment and trust!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "This too shall pass", a friend at work used to say this to me (over 40 years ago.) And she was right.

    Sometimes, if we don't learn what God wants us to know, we get to have a 'remedial' coures. In other words we go through the stress and problem again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think some people just hide their struggles better. blessings as you wrestle, seek, and find.

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)