10.16.2012

I Might Weep


Credit
...weeping may remain for a night,
    but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Psalm 30:5



I sit and wait
away the hours
daring to breathe
and feel

remembering who I was
who I am
who I dare not be

my eyes do mist
remembering
 the girl I kissed

is she there?

is she there?

and I know I swear
curse the name
with fear

 cling to the dreams gone by
all gone
 awry

sick inside
at the love that's died
has it died?

is it there?

Is it there?

Where do dreams go when they shrivel small,
turn to memories
of lies?

If I take too long 
writing words for song

like the songs we sang
in the days long gone-

I know I might weep,
cause the dream can't keep

when the darkness steals
what love alone
can't heal
and the lies creep into the bones.


Linking as always with the most amazing poets in the 
blogosphere @dVerse Poets Pub.
Linking also with Emily:


I want to leave the comments off 
friends but thank you if you came by to read my words.
Sometimes just releasing our words is enough.
I appreciate you all, just keeping it quiet for this round. 
May God bless you and make His face shine upon you...