10.18.2012

Agenda {Faith Life Preservers- Day 18}


Credit


If you are like me (is that too presumptuous?) then your "To Do" list exceeds your amount of time list.
Of course there are the absolute "Must Be Done" today things and the laundry, dinner, and the "What do you mean you forgot _______ at school and you will fail unless you complete it yesterday" surprises. 

So today I just want to give you a little gift to remind you (and myself) what is really needful today.
I promise you this one is a real Faith Life Preserver 
AND it also will give you peace and joy for whatever the day throws your way!

Here is your Agenda for today (and everyday?) based on Psalm 118:24:


This is the day that the Lord has made;

    let us rejoice and be glad in it.


1. Acknowledge God throughout day (after all He did make it)

2. Rejoice (encouraging a few others to join in with the rejoicing is cool)

3. Be glad in the day regardless of what happens. 

4. Repeat #'s 1-3 throughout the rest of day.




See how simple life can be when
 we just prioritize God's way



31 Days of Faith Life Preservers 
October 1-31, 2012


See all other Faith Life Preserver Posts HERE.

Check out all of the other 
31 Day Topics and Bloggers HERE!




4 comments:

  1. Love your Life Preserver approach and the language you've used to communicate. Great ideas. And yes I'll join you today in rejoicing and being glad in this day. It's the one we've got! I too took the 31 day challenge for the first time. It is a proving to be indeed a challenge...but a good one. I haven't been perfect, but I've often wondered how people write so much. Now I get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So helpful, Dawn. I'm not much of a list person (a little too right-brained for it, I think), but those seven quilts I have to quilt just sit on my shoulder (metaphorically) and haunt me. The trick--or discipline--is how to live these Kingdom ways--acknowledging God, rejoicing and encouraging others, and being glad in THIS day (no matter what it brings), while doing the ordinary that is before us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really loving the Life Preserver series you have going. I do need to acknowledge HIM throughout the day more than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have just thrown me another life preserver! Thank you! What a blessing you are to me and to all of our friends here. Glad this is one item still on your to do list each day!

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)