9.24.2012

Deal Gently With Me, Monday


Happy Monday, Friends!
Welcome to my randoms from the past week:

Clouds: September 16, 2012 @ Narragansett Beach

The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
 Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
They have no speech, they use no words;
    no sound is heard from them.
Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
    their words to the ends of the world.
Psalm 19:1-4
It has been quite a week, my friends. Indeed.
Last Sunday was the End of Summer Festival - a kind of goodbye to Summer event here in Narragansett, RI, where the locals celebrate on the beach with food, fun, kite-flying, surfing, just about anything, as an excellent local band called Brass Attack plays in the background. It is the end of the Tourist Season here and things quiet down and I get to take back my beloved beach. Not that I am selfish but hey... I really am. When it comes to the beach. Or my Eggo. 
Sorry. Couldn't resist. 
Leggo my Eggo.



OK, so the week started off with my daughter handing me a three page outline of why her private Christian school was no longer a right fit for her and then she formerly presented her case for why she should be home-schooled.  Sleeping later was in the equation but not the only factor. I am pretty convinced IF this child will yield her will in the right direction, she will be a great Lawyer. 
If not she will be a Politician. 
Negotiations are in process. 
Did I mention I gave birth to the strongest willed child in the world? 
Lord, have mercy.


My big creation this weekend to get on track!
I scrapped my own cover of Jenny Penton's
Perfect Planner.

I am a "Planner" girl and want to share my planning strategies and struggleshere in an upcoming post. 
I have a number of Binders to keep me on track for various activities I am involved in. 
I am working with two Planners now (I know this seems wrong BUT hang on) as I LOVE Jenny's tips, support, blog and her philosophy on planning (Perfect Planner). I also am using a planner I take with me everywhere called The Detailer which I am late to review but want to share a special post in a bit so I can share a fair evaluation. I was given The Detailer by the lovely creator Gail who also offers coaching and support for her planning tool! 

I am hoping to use use my Perfect Planner homemade Binder more for "scripting" (as Jenny says) out my goals and areas I am working on developing. More as a Goals binder, if you will.  I keep it at home. I purchased Jenny's e-book a while back and Jenny was featured as my first guest for the Inspiring Women Series. 

The Detailer has a weekly format and is great for me to have in my purse, as I go about the day
and make appointments etc. It also has an excellent system for managing contacts and information.




One of the things I am trying to manage is my writing and blogging time ...
It is so challenging, yes?

I was very happy to make it to my Writer's Group "Write Connections",
which is hosted by my sweet librarian friend Miss Peggy. 
She is a wonderful writer and I am looking forward to real life accountability
with our eclectic group! 
There is strength in numbers my friends, even for solo writers.  



Meeting my BFF for a quick coffee Saturday on the way to Writer's Group was the sweetest 20 minutes.
She presented me with the BESTEST, most thoughtfully sweet gifts ever 
(Late b-day gifts- cause that happens with busy friends). 
She knows me so well.
Yet, I feel so blessed that I can call her friend. 
Bonus is she really knows what I like.
Notice the ORANGE journal- "It's orange!", she shouted gleefully,
 as I pawed through my goody bag! 
The book is called Poemcrazy. 
She said she had to get it because it made her think of me.
 Especially the crazy picture of the jumping chick on the front. 
She said "I could see you doing that and having your picture taken doing it!"
Add sweetness bonus:  the Maine pure Maple syrup.
Bookmark says: "Best friends listen to what you don't say."
She is really good at listening to what is said and unsaid. 
I just loved these unexpected gifts! 
Even more, the friend who gave them.


Our dog Banjo won a spot in the
Calendar! 
He really is a Calendar Boy now!



Last but not least:
 the WINNER of 
The One Year Mother Daughter Devo 
by Dannah Gresh is:

Barbie!



316. Knowing that even though I "lead" my group of Moms In Prayer,
they would carry me this week, lift me and my girl up and just love,
cry and pray shoulder to shoulder with me through it.
317. The promise of His presence in the midst of ALL circumstances.
318. The sweet surprises I enjoyed all week. God surprises.
319. Grace for this current journey.
320. The lessons I get to learn anew with my Sunday School kids.
321. Remembering perspective is crucial. Problems are opportunities,
in the hands of God to reveal His faithfulness.
322. A sweet, spontaneous lunch date with my Hub.
323. My Girl's laughter.



Aiming to link Here:
On In Around button 
miscellany monday at lowercase letters








5 comments:

  1. Loved reading about your week Dawn; glad you have your beach back! :) You are one busy lady; love the planner!

    Blessings and joy for a brand new week!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleeping in was one of the things that swayed my daughter to homeschool. We try not to make it a habit! I love your sense of organization. I really need to get organized, especially with adding homeschooler to my list of hats. Thanks again for the devotional. My daughter and I are excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you organization skills must be a great asset to your family! good for you!!! if you and your daughter sat in in a middle school health class you would have no qualms at all about homeschool...shocking the garbage they teach that we have to interpret!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn, I remember this place, Beneath the Surface, and its charming author who, like me – and everyone else should be – is working to overcome superficiality. In fact, I’m one of your oldest followers, but somehow we lost touch.
    What an apt title for a Monday, Deal Gently with Me, with the adorable kitty. I must say I’m proud of your daughter for the 3 page outline of why her school is no longer working out. Have you considered homeschooling? I homeschooled all mine and have been one happy camper. It didn’t slow down my writing one bit because we aren’t exactly traditionalists and my kids learned so much on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the planner idea! Great post dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)