8.26.2012

The Final Countdown {Last Summer Days}



Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist but the ability to start over.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald

Does anybody else look at the last week of August the same way 
that they do the last week of December? Or is that just me? 
I'm not sure if it is because of the timing of my birthday so near Summer's end 
or that September is the time for routines to return.
 Oh, glorious routine! How I long for the structured days ahead. 
The return of My Girl to school and Sunday School to start back up. 
My Moms In Prayer group meetings every 
Thursday and the joy of praying shoulder to shoulder with those moms who come. 
For me balancing a new work schedule will be wonderful, at last.
 Already I have a number of requests also for Personal Training 
which means the balancing act could be challenging. 
Praising God for that- he knows what's best for me!

The days ahead are looking bright.

I get the same feeling I did as a schoolgirl anticipating the first day of school!
I could easily be overwhelmed the same way I get at the start of a New Year.
I'm thinking of My Girl going into 7th grade.
Egad!

I am excited with anticipation for the most wonderful time of the year in my opinion.
The Fall and Winter with holidays, family times and the pristine beauty of the seasons.

New goals and experiences.
Hopes and dreams that He may nurture or revive.
Some that may be released, left behind.

What are you looking forward to in the days ahead?

Here's a few of the things I am looking forward to:

A family Barbecue
I am looking forward to our Pastor teaching through the book of Acts.
Teaching Sunday School.
The return of routine. Hallelujah! 
Fall leaves.
Orange,everywhere!
Snow (don't hate me).
The End of Summer Festival (on the beach)
Shorter days and longer books.
Bundled up beach walks.
Catching up on crafts and projects at home.
Organizing my new Planner  (The Detailer) 

If you want to share in the comments or write about it on your blog then
- share your link here in the comments!

For I know the plans I have for you,” 
declares the Lord, 
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give
 you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

4 comments:

  1. I like the routines of the school year...but as I am a teacher, I return to school with the kids. Busy but lovely. I am wringing everything out of these last moments of summer and looking forward to new faces and friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna we have been wringing out the Summer days since the first week in June and we do not return until after Labor Day. We are wrung out...lol. Hope you have a lovely start to the school year as well as squeezing all out of the last days of Summer. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love that you are part of a Moms in Prayer group; so important. When my niece was in grade school and I wasn't working I joined a prayer group who prayed for the children and their school. It was such a blessing.

    It sounds like you have much to be looking forward to. I am already back to school with our little Pre-K 3 class. We went back at the beginning of August. But what I'm looking forward to is cooler weather. It's still very hot in Phoenix.

    blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, I wonder if it ever really cools off where you are? Thanks for the visit and comment. Happy new school year!

      Delete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)