8.29.2012

Hanging On To The Precious



Therefore thus says the LORD: 
“If you return, I will restore you, and you shall stand before me. 
If you utter what is precious, and not what is worthless, you shall be as my mouth. 
They shall turn to you, but you shall not turn to them.
Jeremiah 15:19


Choices. 
I put my fingers to the keyboard. 
I listen.
I pray, stumbling upon His holiness.
Confessing, my unholiness.
Trusting in forgiveness He provides.
Faithfully.
I choose the precious.
Him.
There are times it is not so. 
There are times I engage in fleshly battles- 
He has not ordained for me. 
I choose the vile, and realize I stand alone.
Obedience, cast aside like an old, worn garment. 
I seek something new.
Foolishness greets me.
I am naked.
Longing for the clothes He graciously gave me,
I stumble into grace.
He takes hold of me in my dark place,
illuminates the corners of despair
sanctifying me again,
setting me apart-
caressing me gently 
with his righteousness,
restoring me to 
His table-
reminding me of His call
His Spirit empowers me,
ignites my heart
with passion
to share -
His Truth
Here.
There.
Everywhere.
As He leads.
His mercy, His sacrifice.
His undying, dying love 
that lives forever.
Leading me to bid farewell to the temporal
for the Kingdom
unseen by many, 
even His own.
But I see, it.
I see it.
I see it full well.
Keep me from being blind to that which is precious,
while pursuing what will be in the end,
worthless.
In Your Sight.

Amen.



Linking and visiting with these great communities:

WIPWednesday

intentional me

15 comments:

  1. i stumble into grace...ha...isnt that the case so often...and we find ourselves in places and situations we were never meant to be in...of our own accord...thank goodness for grace...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Brian I am eternally grateful for grace. And your faithful visits to those who are stumbling around poetically! lol.

      Delete
  2. Dawn, this was beautiful and so true. Thank you for commenting on my blog earlier so that I might find these words. You had me at Frodo, but I had to read. I'm so glad I did. What a pleasure for my heart and a reminder for my will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, I know- I love the Frodo pic! It's my favorite movie! I loved your place today- will get back there!

      Delete
  3. This verse is for me today, girl!
    You are lovely, as are your words, your heart, your passion for the one thing needed.
    Blessings dear one.

    What are your impossible dreams?
    http://debrasblogpureandsimple.blogspot.com/2012/08/house-of-dreams_28.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it, Debra! i will be visiting you back!

      Delete
  4. Dawn,
    Why do we think we have to strive for what is precious when we've already been given "all that we need for life and godliness?" May we live in light of the grace he's already given us, resting in the precious. Thanks so much for my RI God moment today :) I visited from Be Not Weary and glad I did :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, yes he has given us all we need and we rejoice and rest in this truth but also we are fighting a great unseen battle in the heavenlies...therefore we cling to that which is precious here as we take hold of those spiritual victories in current reality. Do you like poetry, Lori? I enjoy capturing moments and thoughts, as glimpses of perspective shared and common to many. When brought to light they help to bring both encouragement and unity in Christ. ;) Thanks for visiting! In His Grace, Dawn

      Delete
  5. Simply beautiful Dawn! Choices we make ...

    So thankful for His grace and forgiveness that is available to us.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. THanks for stopping by and dropping your words!

      Delete
  7. Oh this is lovely. "I choose the precious. Him."
    Wonderful words of encouragement today!

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful words! Thanks for sharing at WIP!

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)