6.27.2012

Minus One


Image Credit: Keoni Cabral 

I wonder if
it would be easier
for them to see
Him

darkness, like fog rolls in
consuming thoughts-
black

I almost see the gates of hell
no, all the lords and princes
parade over me victorious

and I stop caring

consumed by the current darkness
stopped hearing
Him

soul pierced, bleeding, silenced
walls don't weep
physical pain is more inviting
than this wicked assault

foolish me, caught again
armourless
or has he grown more indubitable in the battle-
knows my weakness,
my failure,
my shadows.

catches me.

I wonder if they would see
Him better 
without me
three 
minus one
a better chance

than zero

what if I quit
caring
fearing
daring

I thought rage died and there it is alive
baring it's teeth and I 
oblige-

because at least
it feels better than hopelessness.

I can't help but think that three minus one might 
be better for me,

alone
in the battle
so why not
be set free

enemies on every side
but when home becomes
a battle ground
dry, clay 
cracked open,
 claim staked
leaving all
earthbound


he pitched his tent, 
right there among them
slipped right in,
 like poison Kool-Aid,
has taken them captive

why does the guard sleep?
lets them all walk away 
with the booty
minus one
or 
maybe 
not

Battle weary-
all alone,
she lay
praying til 
the light of day
begging Him  
take her away
 on the wings of morning 
tear-less
rush right into
arms that 
are willing and open,
overjoyed at the sight of her
welcomed with
an embrace
in place
of the 
dry, and weary land,
a place where 
there is a river...
and promises that never fail.


could three possibly
be better off

minus one?


I wrote two poems this week. 
One dark and one light.
So to speak. 
Poetry is about the present moment and authenticity.
That's why I like it.
It's nakedness.
Some people are afraid to get naked  (honest) 
about their feelings and thoughts.
Not me.
Keepin' it real.
God prefers me that way 
and can handle it.
Can you?




Appreciate you dropping in,
 but I decided to turn the comments off for this one. 
Go on and share some comment love with another, OK?




 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.
Philippians 3:8-10



Poetry Link over at this wonderful place w/Brian Miller and friends!