6.05.2012

He Is Redefining Me




He Is Redefining Me

It's OK, that I do not know what tomorrow will bring,
because I know Him 
who is the King of Kings!

Wherever He wants me
He will bring it to pass
He directs the hearts of men,
He guides me as I ask

What was meant for my end
will surely bring something new
as I learn to depend
on the one called
 Faithful and True

Why would I doubt Him?
Why should I fear?
What today is unknown
Tomorrow will be clear

Waiting on Him
Seeking His Face
Leaning each day on
His amazing grace

My time is in His hands
each moment, each breath
all of my plans
May I hold on so loosely to who I believe I am
and yield myself freely
To the Great I AM.

May I learn to be who He wants me to be
Not bound by roles
which are temporary

I am His
That's who I am
May I believe with my whole heart
forever His lamb.

©Dawn Paoletta



Originally posted with more Here!




Linking with:


dVerse Poets Pub


On In Around button






Strawberry Roan

20 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing! It really touched me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stopping by from Shanda’s...this is just beautiful...I am His That's who I am
    May I believe with my whole heart..forever His lamb. oh my this truth sink deep into our hearts...blessings to you~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ells, will be visiting later after my daughter's school party. Have a great day in the Lord!

      Delete
  3. you really have a lovely talent with words that brings such glory to Him!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carissa- that is my heart 's desire and hope!

      Delete
  4. Just stopping by to say thank you for visiting me at my blog and wow, so thankful I did. This post blessed me. So beautiful. I am looking forward to browsing through your blog more.

    Thanks for the sweet comment on my boy... he does seal the deal for me for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you here as well, Kari! Loved your spot in the bloggy world!

      Delete
  5. I hurried to the end of the poem to see who the author was...it was so perfectly expressed I thought it must have come from some famous poet...and that is what you are...a famous wonderful poet! Thank you for blessing us with your gift. That was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela, I am smiling! lol, me the famous one. Big grin. God is so amazing to me, and he has made me his poetry girl, for sure. Freely received, freely given, my friend!

      Delete
  6. I am impressed - I enjoyed your poem and that little pig on top! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I saw a pig - now I see a lamb - did you switch that on me without me looking? sandie

    Well it is cute - got that right and it would go more with your poem and message. Jesus. Oh my gosh I am sooooooooooooooooo embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. may i learn to be who he wants me to be...that is the crux...through all the rest...you captured the journey in this...nice...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dawn--I read you're 'why you're here now' info on your profile--so glad you're following through with that still small voice to get to writing...
    this Lamb poem was beautiful. I wrote about lambs last week. Must be the Springtime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dawn, you are one beautiful lyricist! Love the lamb photo too.
    Your place is so serene that I can only imagine your heart must be the same.
    Richest blessings dear soul,
    Debra
    http://debrasblogpureandsimple.blogspot.com/2012/06/still-point.html

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)