6.22.2012

Blooming Risk




“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud 
was more painful than the risk it took to blossom”
Anais Nin


The quote by Anais Nin comes immediately to my mind when I think about Risk. 
I had it framed years ago.
When I was still closed up, fearful.
Ironic, how those words spoke to my soul.
Daring me to stop being afraid.
But it was still less painful to remain in the bud than to bloom. Or so I thought.
Tolerance for pain is high for those who have suffered abuse.
Walls need to be broken down. Walls built by years of pain.
Yet hope came.
Risk brings one to the brink of hope. 
Until at last, blooming full into breathtaking beauty,
no longer hidden, hindered.




Would you like to see what others thought of the prompt?
Would you like to join in?

Simply click on the button below!


Five Minute Friday

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful quote and words about risk! You have consciously lived it...
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard that quote....oh my how I love it.
    And your write was simply stunning. poignant. real.

    Beautiful, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn,

    Such a beautiful pink rose and loved your quote. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that quote on my blog too. It is symbolic of the journey from recovery and healing.

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)