5.07.2012

Miscellaneously Speaking, Dawn


Please get a cup of tea and join me; it's been a busy week. Shall we sit?

It has been quite a full week, friends. Some things went forth unplanned, others seemed held back by invisible hands. I am learning to see the beauty in the broken more clearly. I realized how much God has grown me over the years this past week; how I am able to behold the pain and beauty in living and dying without fear. This was not always the case. This is seed faith nurtured by His grace: without doubt but peace and quiet confidence in the One who is bigger still. Heaven is rooted deeply in my heart. Surely, I have a firm foundation in my God, my Rock and Fortress.
 My Beautiful One.

So this week I will start with my Multitudes as it seems fitting...


118. tears that are not hopeless but brimming with unspoken joy
119. 14 Swans swimming peacefully...14! 
Praise God for breathtaking beauty, awe and wonder
120. A Friday afternoon Moonstone Moment beholding wind, surf, rocky shore
121. The gift of life and death and each moment in between
122. His Living Word which bears witness to His presence, power and never ending Glory
123. The timeliness of Sunday's message always a perfect portion
124. His Body, the Church
125. Spaghetti and Meatballs...made by me- and yummy, too! Sweet victory in the kitchen
126. Housework progress, reminder that He cares and is willing to help, bend and stoop assisting in my weakness
127. confessions from a tween: learning to trust Him for her, painful and beautiful again
128. moon chasing nights
129. stumbling out the door with the camera, falling face down in the grass, knowing He laughs but without malice: He loves me,  in my silly, blundering, comedic moments when no-one else is present
130. His glorious light and the glimpses of it everywhere- he chases away darkness and in Him there is no darkness...




This past week I was privileged to use my creativity to honor my Father-In-Law who passed this past week. 
I spent Most of Monday working on this special Tribute for him.
It was a blessing and I am grateful that I was able to put something together to honor this man and his memory. I got such a wonderful peek into more of him than previously known. I used the poem I wrote in his honor on the center board. I also put four hearts in every corner representing his four sons. I am so grateful to be part of his loving legacy. He was a man of integrity who lived a life of love and sacrifice.
I thank God for him and his family, the legacy of love he has left as an example for us to follow. 







Last but not least my randoms...as if I have not already shared randomly!

miscellany monday at
lowercase letters

Reading
My TBR (To Be Read) List is here with a Book Bloggers Hop
 for those who like to read, blog and hop!

Chasing:
I spent a good part of the weekend chasing the Super-Moon 
and a lone butterfly...seriously I chased this butterfly from morning 
until evening (and now you know why I struggle to keep up with the housework!)
I will share more about this later in a poem, picture or post! 



Sharing:

Photobucket


Please consider praying for some bloggers and joining in. You can start any time.
I believe this may be ongoing as God leads! 
I already have my second list working. But my First Round begins May 20th. 
Feel free to join in and just pray as well! 

If you are not in the first round I am praying my way through my Blog List so be patient. 
No Blogger Left Behind is my philosophy! 

A Quote:

“We serve a gracious Master who knows how to overrule even our mistakes 
to His glory and our own advantage”
John Newton


And a peek into a long overdue post coming:
My next Inspiring Woman is an amazing lady who I look forward to introducing you to as I actually know her in real life. A special post this week from the lady behind the "gowns".
I think you will be moved and blessed BUT I will let you peek
in advance because I am crazy like that!
Plus also I wanted this story to go live last week! 
Sharon Linder's story is up this week 
and her current mission to keep women covered discreetly! 


Check out Sharon's mission by CLICKING HERE!

Be sure and stop by to read more and share her story and mission this week!




11 comments:

  1. I know I comment on all your posts, but I can't help it! Each one is just so amazing, and I am really loving how you count blessings. Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A most enjoyable post, my friend. The tribute board for your father-in-law was exquisite. I've seen quite a few, but none as carefully and lovingly created as this one (but of course, I'm biased because YOU did it!). ;)

    Multitude #128 -- best ever, my personal favorite.

    You go, girl!

    Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful photo display you put together for your father-in-law! I hope you didn't get hurt when you fell with your camera! Enjoy the rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn - what a great display you put on for your father-in-law. What a wonderful way to honour him. Great pics and great post
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart is aching and smiling all at once for your praise #127. God sure demands faith as we raise our tweens, doesn't He? And shapes us through them in humble ways. Love what you did for your father in law. Visiting from Ann's today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry to hear about your Father in law, but I so appreciate your loving tribute to him.
    Thank you for sharing so much of your heart with us. Yes, you definitely had a busy, but love-filled week. God bless you, Dawn. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How amazing to see 14 swans swimming together!! I love a timely message from HIM on Sundays! It was too cloudy here to do any moon chasing! Honoring your father-in-law in such a beautiful way... such a gift. Your tribute is amazing. I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the photo display of your father-in-law's life. I made very similar ones for both of my kids when they graduated. I also made one for my aunt on her 80th birthday. They all have them saved and put away, which makes me glad...I so enjoyed making them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful photo tribute to your father-in-law. So thankful for God's light in times of darkness. Looking forward to joining you in praying for other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful tribute and display of photos in honor of your Father-in-law Dawn; sending prayers to you and your family during this painful time.

    You are a wonderful inspiration and blessing by all you do; you motivate me! :)

    Blessings and hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Dawn

    I thought your tribute and post was beautiful! Thanks for being such an inspiration to me (and others) - you are one of my featured bloggers this week at Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy!

    Thank you also for including me on your list of bloggers you are praying for on the Prayer project - that means SO very much to me!

    I will catch up more with you about all of that later this week! :-)

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)