5.11.2012

Identity Crisis


"I am. 
Am I?
I am who I am.
Am I who I think I am."
These words came immediately to my mind.
I wrote them when I was 17, as a poem titled Identity Crisis.
They came to my mind today as I saw the prompt: Identity at Gypsy Mama's place.
Who I am, who I have been, who I am now. All so different.
I have often said I have lived too many lives.
My old life before Him, the new life after His grace began a transforming work in me.
My identity true, slowly emerges as I walk through the years with Him.
As I sit at his feet and learn His ways.
Who am I?
I am His.
Oh, sweet Jesus.
 My identity is all wrapped up in You alone.
And well it should be. It is safely kept there, secure.
Where else would it rather? Where else should it be?
Nowhere dear, friend.
Not in my role as a Mom, Wife, Friend or anything else.
No. I am His. His alone.
In this way I am so much more than I could ever be trying to fulfill
each of the roles He has chosen for me.
Who am I?
I am His.


* Side-note: How joyful it was to me to write these words for our prompt today.
I remember the 17 year old very lost, wild girl I was all too well.
Today as these words poured out of me, I am so amazed by His grace I wish I could hug you all.
So consider yourself hugged today...by His grace and by a girl who has been transformed by it...is continuing to be...

Isn't it wonderful.
Isn't He worth Rejoicing over?

Linking with 5 Minute Friday and Faith Filled Friday@ Beholding Glory!


Beholding Glory


5 comments:

  1. Praise God that we are His children, joint heirs with Christ, and His ambassadors! Your blog is a blessing and I am now following it, and I invite you to follow mine, Saved by Grace
    http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/
    God bless,
    Laurie Collett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn - such a positive post! So joyful to know we are His. We are who we are meant to be because of Jesus.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the (((hug))) and for such a lovely post! Happy Mother's Day weekend and loads of love! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the hug, Dawn, and your lovely words. I am so thankful I am His and for the change He has made in my life. Thank you for your visit and a very Happy Mother's Day to you. Enjoy your weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN! Yes - He is ALWAYS worth rejoicing over <3 He is an amazing Father!!

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)