5.24.2012

Goliath Comes



With size and strength
power and might
huffin' and puffin
an unholy sight
with gruff, tough, 
grit and growl
puts a chill in my bones
with his angry scowl
a hardened heart
bent on hate
sword in hand 
to seal my fate

but as sure as the size of this beast demands
I stand by faith
sling in hand
Holy Armour at my command

Destiny calls 
I have no fear
scooping up my stone,
I meet his stare

looking past the giant, into the sun,
I see the unseen-
the victory won.

by faith I live
by the God he defies
so I send that stone straight through the sky
hitting him square above the eyes

he falls dead weight, into the ground
dust rises high 
as the giant goes down


I know full well 
the one I trust
against His name 
Goliath cussed
when he stood before me
he didn't see
my shield and strength
In whom comes victory
the God I defend
is the Mighty One 
in him I depend 
The One and Only Son.

©2012 Beneath The Surface:Breath of Faith-Dawn Paoletta



What Goliath comes your way today?


"All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.”
1 Samuel 17:47

But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:57


8 comments:

  1. Oh so good, very good. Good for my heart today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I love your background sound.
    We love the beach and generally spend a month there...nothing like..
    I loved the triumph and strength in your writing.
    you sound like you can really kick...rear.
    Bravo!
    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was Andy's graduation and I had to sit with his dad and other grandmother - who are ex's! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing. You are a lovely poet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! I love how you have Goliath huffin, puffin, and cussin (as I'm sure he really was). One of my favorite Bible stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such gorgeous rhythm in this... i love it... a triumphant ending. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and soulful. New follower from FFF. I hope you will follow me as well. Have a great Memorial Day.
    http://lovejoyjunction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome poem, Dawn, and I really believe David had no fear. His righteous indignation to defend the name of the Lord fueled his action. If only we were as zealous to do the same!

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)