5.18.2012

Perspective: A Conversation Remembered







I remember the conversation. He said that things would look different as I looked back on them in the future. He assured me that as I stood looking back in time I would see things that were occurring at this particular time,  in a different light. Perspective. How it can change over time. How years and wisdom reveal it. Peel back perspective and what do you have? Truth. It seemed hidden at the time he spoke to me. But I trusted his words. Trusted him. This one that walked me to the Savior and seemed to stand within the gates of Heaven. Not perfect, but peaceful. Solid in truth, this friend. I trusted him and I do not regret it. I trusted his words because I knew that the one he leaned on was the same one I wanted to learn to lean on. Was learning. This One certainly has changed my perspective. Continues to peel back my perceptions and wipe away lies with His fingertips. Scales fall, perspective is changed. Daily, by His grace.


Five Minute Friday,  where we write for 5 minutes. Today our word is Perspective. Check out the link below to visit and see for yourself more 5 minute posts and perhaps join in. I am late today, but love this link and Friday challenge!





16 comments:

  1. I love this Dawn! Wonderful writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, thank you for always leaving an encouraging word. Your writing blesses me also!

      Delete
  2. What a great friend, such truth, God bless your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just found this challenge this week, and am excited to join in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been linking up and really enjoy this weekly challenge! Have fun and see you next time!

      Delete
  4. "Continues to peel back my perceptions and wipe away lies with His fingertips. Scales fall, perspective is changed. Daily, by His grace." I love this! When He comes and peels away the wrong views I have, I see from His perspective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbie- yes...praise Him that He does this for us.

      Delete
  5. Hi Dawn,
    Thanks for your sweet comment! I love your blog and your beautiful post. May God richly bless you with his wisdom and teachings.
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessed with your Blog, Lisa- thanks for visiting me as well!

      Delete
  6. EXACTLY! How much I need to hear this. In conversations with...well, just about everyone. I tend to be so certain. Yep, that's it, just so certain of what I believe, what God is saying, etc. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So need to hear it with you- that's the beauty of it! Have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  7. perception changes everything....it is easier to look back and see the touches in our life....much easier at times than in the now...but our perceptions they do change...smiles....happy saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That certainly does put life into its proper perspective...Christ changes everything...life becomes full of meaning once we meet the life-giver. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and so true. So often after a while, then looking back, we can see just why things happened the way they did. It's all HIS plans! :)

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)