5.20.2012

Gazing Upon His Beauty






One thing I ask from the Lord,

    this only do I seek:

that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life, 
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
    and to seek him in his temple.




I remain confident of this:

    I will see the goodness of the Lord 

    in the land of the living. 



Psalm 27: 4, 13

I loved this day with my daughter. We had just walked for the Annual Walk For Life for our local Pregnancy Center (CareNet-RI), and were enjoying the park sights. We were blessed to see this sweet family, a reminder of His beauty, and the preciousness of Life. This verse came to me this morning as I pondered the Beauty of the Lord and how beauty brings joy to the beholder. It is a deep ministering of the soul and spirit to enjoy the beauty of the Lord. 
May you be blessed and ministered to as you dwell upon His Beauty this weekend in worship, praise and thanksgiving! 
















Joining in with these lovely ladies- you are welcome to join in, too!









10 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a beautiful day to be outside enjoying the beauty. Nice to meet you through Fresh Brewed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. His beauty is everywhere, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalm 27 is my Life Passage, chosen many years ago and it speaks to me every time I read it! Your sweet photos are so full of love Dawn, thanks for sharing them with us!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it lovely to see God's handiwork in nature? What a beautiful example of family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when I see geese [or other animals/birds] caring for their little ones. Makes me grin. AND your walk was extremely worthwhile, especially in our everyday/present day culture. Thanks much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn - I love this - I think God takes a big part of nature and he does this to make us happy. His colors. His artwork. The flowers . . . sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my favorite psalms. I am always glad to hear of others walking for life, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful!! I love all of the photos and the verse you chose.

    joy and blessings to you,
    Alida

    Click here to see my Scripture and a Snapshot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love to watch the birds, my favorite are the canadian geese beckoning each other from above with the call of the wild.

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)