4.19.2012

Battling The Bathroom Bully {Spring In My Step Guest Post}




How is it that this one device should hold so much power over us?

How could it be that we live in days where pride should be in a number 
on a scale instead of the integrity of the heart? 

I have asked these questions of myself as I have stood by the 
bully in the bathroom 
for decades with many people as a Personal Trainer and Fitness Consultant. 

I have watched this silent, but strong presence take hold of every shape, size and form and seize each equally with a fear which knows no prejudice. 
I have stood by women in tears as they attempt to approach that bully 
fearlessly and are brought to depths 
when they stand face to face with perceived uncooperative numbers...
to continue reading CLICK HERE...

You can head over to my friend Barbie's Place, where I weigh in with a few 
thoughts on dealing with the Bathroom Bully once and for all! 







2 comments:

  1. i like this a whole lot! heading over to Barbie's...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dawn, for sharing your insight with us. The scale is something I've battled for years. And although I was supposed to be dieting and losing weight for my daughter's wedding in just 9 weeks now, I allowed the negative numbers on the scale to defeat me and well, haven't stepped on (or dieted for that matter) in over 6 weeks! But the truth is, I am not defined by that number! So thankful that He loves me just the way I am!

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)