4.04.2012

The Dark Prophetess


Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols.
Revelation 2:20



The Dark Prophetess
©Dawn Paoletta


She lets the words spew forth like fire from a prophet's mouth
but-
she is no prophet.
Hurrying from her place of worship,
finding fault, whispers...
against every denomination,
forgetting...
the power of His presence.
She longs for that which could be hers...
and sways from the high places speaking forth abominations.

He longs, to scoop her up-
yet she is busy...

Pointing her finger in the congregation,
sharing words that tear down, 
disguised as wisdom, intellectual prowess.

She forgets
His Word is alive.
He is present.
He is alive.
He lives.

Yet...she instead speaks lies, claiming to be a daughter.

Why do wolves linger,
where angels fear to fly?

She rallies up the false shepherds, the lost, lame and wounded.
She offers salve in dead words.
But I see through her disguise.
She rides down the mountain, 
eager to pour forth 
deceit.

Many will come.
She is unaware that her mouth is filled with snakes.
Beware.
Love has no root in her.
Barron, dry, lifeless soil.
Stone throwing, fist-clenching, darkness loving...

Oh how the world adores her,
embraces her wit.
Beware, or she will ensnare you as the spider with the fly-

Blind.
Yet claiming to see.

Instruments of darkness, come as great light-
or
lurking in shadows hidden by night.

Let her groom herself, now.
Enjoy her temporary victory.
The Master is returning.

She follows Judas, to secret places,
kissing the enemies of the King,
leading astray.
Beware.
Take care.
Evil she does bring.



  “Woe to the obstinate children,” 
   declares the LORD, 
“to those who carry out plans that are not mine, 
   forming an alliance, but not by my Spirit, 
   heaping sin upon sin; 
who go down to Egypt 
   without consulting me; 
who look for help to Pharaoh’s protection, 
   to Egypt’s shade for refuge. 
Isaiah 30:1-5


Linking up with Shah and Shanyn!




Strawberry Roan

7 comments:

  1. Um....saying I "enjoyed" that feels kind of weird, but I'm at a loss for what other word to use. The Bible study I'm in is working through Revelation right now and anything else that helps to paint the picture of understanding is welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome post, Dawn! I'm in agreement with Carissa -- you do have such a way with words.

    You chose a great picture to go along with it. You know what an odd duck I can be -- I immediately thought of the old Hall and Oates tune and accompanying video, 'Maneater.'

    Kudos, my friend! <3

    Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a wonderful blessing...thank you for sharing,and for keeping up with your poetry. It is an amazing gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That was heavy, but masterfully stated! I don't want to link up with that woman of darkness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well put Dawn. What an image you paint. I wish I could say she is a stranger but some of your DES option sounds too familiar.

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)