2.03.2012

The Day That Got Away




The Day That Got Away

There it was,
there it went.
Where has it gone?
I wish I knew
 but I suspect,
as I stifle back my yawn-
it slipped away, 
my today
never to return
 History,
a mystery 
for which 
now I yearn.
Too late, too short, 
without further adieu,
I bid you sweet farewell
Be gone now, finished,
shoo!
Procrastinated plans,
interruptions in my day,
set me on a treadmill
of multiple delays.

So now I see the clock has ticked it's final tock,
I will hope tomorrow
wears a more productive frock.

For now I say, Ta-Ta
and I wave my hand goodbye
Sweet Dreams Today,
Tomorrow's my ally.

©Dawn Paoletta-Beneath The Surface: Breath of Faith



.


2 comments:

  1. I like this! I hope you share it on an open link night for one of the poetry groups!

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)