1.25.2012

Getting Creative With Psalm 119

I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws.
Psalm 119:7

Hello Friends,

Well you are in for a big treat as you meet the crafty side of me today!
Aren't you amazed with the many facets of my being?
I love to find ways to write out God's Word. I also love to scrapbook and be creative.
I think I also have a hard time throwing things away.
Apparently.
Welcome to my creative corner for today!

You could make this with a variety of themes: favorite quotes, fun pictures, or writing prompts (for my blogger/writing friends!) even fave recipes!
I think it would make a nice handmade gift, don't you?
You can keep it simple. Or for my creative friends, deck it out!


I enjoy being creative with what is on hand.
So last years desk calendar becomes
today's makeover project for my Psalm 119 Challenge!


Side View


First I chose and cut a piece of paper
to cover the calendar page.

So the plan is to write out each of the 22 stanzas of Psalm 119 each week. 
I will need to use both sides of the paper since this is a 12 month calendar.


I wrote the stanza out in pencil first, then went over it with marker.
This time I used Vellum paper so I could see through it.
I had a lined sheet beneath.
I had to erase and adjust a few times to make it all fit.

After I finished writing in pen. I had to let the ink dry
before I could erase the pencil lines. Of course I discovered this the
hard way. Oopsie, smudges! I never sweat the small stuff.

All finished and here are all the products I used.
Aren't you proud of me?
Pretty simple and now look, you are impressed.
Your turn.

Go create something!







1 comment:

  1. great job :)
    new follower here...
    http://myhappilyeverafteragain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)