Well, my head is about to explode and I felt the strong need to share this with the Blogosphere. The fact is I cannot keep up with:
1. All of the blogs I am following (although I am so in awe of the wonderful Christian Community in the Blogosphere!)
2. My housework
3. The ideas that are randomly flying through my brain and desiring to be birthed and blogged!
4. The stack of books on my nightstand
5. Scrapbooking...it's been MONTHS...(OK, I confess- I did 2 pages during Hurricane Irene before we lost power)
6. Did I mention my housework?
7. My own workouts (but the dogs have been enjoying more regular walks and are thrilled about this fact)
8. My poor, pedicure-less toes...still lacking some attention and a sassy Fall color
9. Blog "hopping" - apparently I stink at this, but I am still trying!
10. The latest, newest, greatest trend in anything (nor do I seem to care - a sure sign of old age)
So is there anything you feel you cannot "keep up with lately"?
Fill in the blank. Come on, be honest with yourself. It's OK.
I just cannot keep up with: ____________. Go ahead fill it in AND add another.
Doesn't it feel good to just say it. My head feels less explosive already! How about you?
Now let's consider what we ARE doing and keeping up with despite our feeling that we are not able to measure up to our own standard, or the standards of others (both perceived and actual).
By the grace of God I am healed and exercising again. SO WHAT if I am inconsistently consistent. In June, I could barely walk and was in excruciating pain! Praise my Great Physician! By the grace of God, despite a job loss and a 50 percent income reduction we have been able to keep our daughter in her Christian school (thanks to Financial Aid provided from the wonderful school community). Praise Him who is Our Portion and Provider! By the grace of God, I had an interview where I could more clearly articulate my goals. Kinda. Praise the God who is Redefining Me and who is Our Refiner! By the grace of God I am walking by Faith and not by sight and able to share grace and truth with others, as He leads. Praise Him who is is The Light and The Way, The Truth and The Life. By the grace of God, despite a car accident in February which left my neck whip lashed and car totalled, I have a restored neck and a newer model car which accommodates our family nicely (and the dog, of course). I am stylishly mobile AND safe! Praise Him who is the Burden Bearer and the Restorer of the crops the locusts have eaten.
The things God has allowed me to "keep up with", that are not burdensome and which bring me joy: The whole Summer shared with my daughter since I was "jobless", prepping and teaching Sunday School lessons for two, sweet (1st and 2nd grade) boys, One on One time for Bible/Book Study with a Sister in Christ this Summer (and we finished!), The Proverbs Challenge with some of My Bloggy Gal Pals and Guys too, leading our school Moms In Touch Group weekly, praying and/or fellowshipping with some very faithful friends as we carved out, travelled and squeezed in precious time together. Times of grace and refreshment with my hubby despite a very random work schedule that really keeps us on our toes.
I love that when I am not able - I have a God who is!
Now go and Seize the Day-
|Be still and KNOW that I am God; |
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.
Whoever is wise,
let him heed these things
of the Lord.