12.31.2011

Today and Always



© Dawn Paoletta (please do not copy)
I took this picture at Narragansett Beach
 on December 31, 2010 New Years Eve morning.
One year ago today. 
                                                                   
Today and Always

Some say life is a series of choices...


If I choose to argue

for that "important" cause, 
it might be a good thing,
perhaps 
some would take pause.

If I choose to oppose 
every wicked thing,
and stand shouting hateful words 
in hopes of good to bring.

If I choose to pursue
the many worldly goods,
passing by those shaking their heads
and all accusing shoulds.

If I choose to waste my words on that which 
seems is right,
instead of yield to the brightest 
of all penetrating light.

If I choose to fight the wars 
of those who oppose -
all of the godly people,
what do you suppose?

If I choose to battle in the strength 
of many men,
I would lose my hope and power 
from the one 
in whom I depend.

If I choose to strive for all godliest of gain,
I might lose it all-
that which I have yet to attain.

If I choose to seek those who exclude the least,
I would leave behind 
the one who brings true peace-
excluding none.

If I choose to speak when it has not been led,
by the Spirit through the Son,
my words are lifeless yet, and best remain unsaid. 

If I choose to let these lips impart what's true,
I will have served best 
the One who who makes all things new.

If I choose to share what I have received,
I confirm with my mouth,
that which I believe.

I choose instead of all of these,
 to stay beside my guide,
and cling to his robe-
safely -
that is where I hide.

In doing so I confirm 
my identity-
nothing else I am but His,
a child,
chosen, loved - free. 

Keep your wars, your fame, your fights, your rights and soapbox stands,
I am most content
 clinging to His hand.

I'll leave you to your preaching, your rants, and your tirades,
I will stay close by my King avoiding the charades.

I will live my one life 
praising my Faithful King,
knowing and believing
in the Truth that he brings.

For the life I claim as mine
is truly not my own.

He laid down His life and 
Heaven now,
 is called my home.

Above all else I pray 
that this be my one thing.

I live today and always
to glorify The One True King.


12/31/11
©Dawn Paoletta










7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And I love the photo!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this aloud to myself here in this empty house and when I finished, I said "Oh my Lord! That is perfect!"
    Ha! Beautifully expressed and it resonates with my heart completely. wow, I especially love the three stanzas about "speaking", #'s 9, 10 & 11.
    I think I am going to send my readers to this post Dawn, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already did it. Did not wait for your permission. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is wonderful, I LOVE it, Dawn!!!!

    A very happy, healthy, joy-filled, Christ centered and Spirit led New Year to you and your family, my friend!!!

    At His feet,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspiring. Wishing you and yours a peaceful, happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I'm a new GFC follower!

    I'm visiting you from http://beautybrite.com and http://everafterpr.blogspot.com!

    *We're seeking book tour hosts at Ever After PR! Stop by and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really wonderful and inspiring, loved reading it.

    Arab Women Now

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)