12.17.2011

Inspiring Quotes on Writing (Why Do You Write?)

Credit

Today, I am about to curl up in a cozy chair and write...and my mind comes to this quote from Chariots of Fire...."I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure."

I believe God made me for a purpose and I will write today because when I write I feel His pleasure.

Why do you write, today?

Here are some favorite quotes to ponder, feel free to share your own in the comments.
I always am looking for a few more great quotes!
Happy Friday, friends. 

"A writer lives, at least, in a state of astonishment. Beneath any feeling he has of the good or evil of the world lies a deeper one of wonder at it all. To transmit that feeling, he writes." William Sansom

"Planning to write is not writing. Outlining…researching…talking to people about what you're doing, none of that is writing. Writing is writing." E.L. Doctorow

"A writer lives, at best, in a state of astonishment." William Sansom

"Write what should not be forgotten…" Isabel Allende

All good writing is swimming under water and holding your breath." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"You become a writer because you need to become a writer - nothing else." Grace Paley

"Even the most productive writers are expert dawdlers…" Donald M. Murray

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." Cyril Connolly

"Write in recollection and amazement for yourself." Jack Kerouac


Happy Writing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)