12.19.2011

Have Yourself A Merry Little Monday




A local neighbor's yard. I am a hard core, stalking picture taker.
If you display it - I will photograph it. Unless you call the police!
There is no hiding from me and my Canon Elph 300 HS.
If you are within range, you could wind up on my blog, and your little dog, too. 


It is Miscellany Monday! The last Monday before Christmas. Hooray! Guess who is going Christmas shopping this week. And writing out Christmas cards. Guess! Yes, it is I. Am I stressed? No, no. Not at all. The fact is I love writing out and sometimes making Christmas cards. Usually. When I am on my game. But my game, is definitely off! One year I ended up skipping cards. Maybe we should start a Happy New Year card tradition this year. Or heck, if I keep procrastinating, everyone could receive a Happy Valentines Day from our Home to Yours. Inside it could read: Hope you had a Merry Christmas. Due to Procrastination issues we will be sending out our holiday cards at the most convenient time for US. Thanks, Have a great...whatever. Oh, yeah. That would be awkward. I like it. 






Look, my dear daughter adjusted the Christmas countdown thingy that hangs in our living room. Thanks, Sweetie! 
No pressure, right?




A random scrapbook page (picture-less!) inspired from the bag that Panera sent me home with which is the cardinals sharing peace. It's actually on my Fridge. I am linking up with Jamie at her sweet Blog space  for Make Yourself Monday. Check out her adorably, cute little Cupcake: 






I started to read Be Joyful - Even When Things Go Wrong, You Can Have Joy
 by Warren Wiersbe
I had the book, but someone mentioned it in a blog post and I felt that was my sign to pick it up and actually read it. It was a good sign! Perfect for this week for me!







My hubby has been bringing me home little gifts all week. One of which was this winter themed shower curtain. Working at Lowes when they want to "clear out" items is a bargain lovers blessing. I love it, and winter! My dear daughter hates it. She has a thing about shower curtains and snowmen. Sigh. Can't please everyone!






 Apparently this Bee did not get the memo that it is December and he needs to just do whatever Bees do for Winter. Well, it has been too warm, and the dandelion did not mind. I got these pics on one of my walks this week, with the dogs.


The High Point of my week came when I attended a Writer's Group at my very favorite library in the state of Rhode Island in rural, beautiful West Greenwich.  It is called Write Connections and I was blessed, encouraged and inspired to be there this Saturday! The last time I  attended a writing group was probably before I had my daughter! I used to live in Providence, near Brown University and RISD where there was a plethora of opportunities to gather with aspiring writers and creative artists! 




My latest Blog news concerning the Inspiring Women Series is that I have 7 wonderful women lined up waiting to serve up inspiration of all kinds in the upcoming months! I have a few I am waiting to hear back from, but I am overwhelmed by the positive responses I have received! Last but not least, with the understanding that it is better to give than receive, I have an announcement to make about my next Giveaway. Remember, a few Monday's ago, I was so excited to get the Jesus Calling Devotional Bible through Thomas Nelson? Well, although I love it for a number of reasons I really felt I wanted to give something back to my lovely readers and followers to celebrate Christmas and New Years! So this week I will be posting a review. I have been gently looking it over to share some details, but will be posting Giveaway details with the review. So, if you are interested in this Bible for yourself or a special friend, check back later this week!




My last link up is with Java over at "Never Growing Old"


Questions:
1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. Whatever we have in the closet works.
2.Real or artificial tree? Real!
3.When do you put your tree up? As soon as I can get my hubby to make it so! "Make it so Number 1" Preferably weekend after Thanksgiving.
4.When do you take your tree down? Varies. By the time the needles fall off, for sure. 
5.Do you like eggnog? Yum! 
6.Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.  I also collect Nativity tree ornaments
7.Favorite Christmas Movie? Charlie Brown Christmas, It's A Wonderful Life, White Christmas, Elf
8.Favorite Christmas cookie? My hubby makes all kinds of Italian cookies. I just eat them all.
9.Where will you eat Christmas dinner? Brother -In -Laws
10.Angel, bow or star on top of your tree? Star
11.Most annoying thing about this time of the year? 
12.Do you like Fruitcake? Gag.
13.What are you most excited about the holidays? 
14.Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? Both
15.Will you still be wrapping presents on Christmas Eve? Strong possibility, I'd say. HA! If I finish the shopping by then! 




Well, I feel a  like a little Blogosphere floozy, tramping around and linking up to so many sites! But I like it! Thanks to all my gracious new friends in the blogosphere and for the new ones I will meet in the coming weeks and year! Have a wonderful week, friends. May you be blessed with love, joy, peace, and hope as you make your way through your days this week. 






Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters



Photobucket









10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking up to MYM AND for adding my button! <3

    It's a Wonderful Life is my favorite movie, not just of Christmas, but of all time! :oD

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, thanks Dawn. I needed some smiles and joy today, wonderfully provided just now by you!

    I see we love some of the same Christmas movies. Two other special faves of mine:

    Miracle on 34th Street (the original only, with my apologies to Sebastian Cabot and Richard Attenborough) and

    A Christmas Carol (Alistair Sim AND George C. Scott versions).

    Have I told you that reading your Miscellany Monday posts is like sitting down with you and chatting over some good cups of coffee? I may have before...can't remember. I'm losing brain power here. No food today. Liquid diet all day long to prep for my -- ahem -- procedure tomorrow. When you can't eat anything at all, even dirt looks good. About to dive into another yummy bowl of lime jello or chicken broth. Decisions, decisions.

    Thanks again, my friend!

    Grace & peace,
    Pam

    http://pam-intheshadowofhiswings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm linking to you thorugh, 'Meet Me On Monday.' I thoroughly enjoyed strolling through your
    blog and found myself laughing at the photo of Snoopy - "hard core, stalking picture taker," eh? Hahahaha
    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh oh, our first possible squabble as new friends...my Hubs works at Home Depot and they are grilling him to see Lowes as THE ENEMY! Ha! We won't let that come between us though, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dropping by from MMOM. Enjoyed your insights. As Arnold says, I'll be back" Me and my camera are joined at the hip, you can never tell when that most unusual thing will pop up. Have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn, I saw your message in my Guestbook page. My followers gadget is at the very bottom of my blog, so just scroll down. Also, another way to follow blogs is to use the follow link in the navbar above the blog. You will only see it when you are logged in. I hope you have a nice week, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn, you and another friend of mine would get along well. I have yet to receive a card from him at Christmas, although in the past 3 years I've received one in January, one on Valentine's Day, and his all-time record last year - on St. Patrick's Day.

    I also have a neighbor who seems to share your penchant for capturing anything and everything around the neighborhood on her camera lol.

    Don't think I've read a Miscellany Monday before, but it reminds me of my average conversation...kind of all over the place as I go down rabbit trails of one type or another. In other words, I felt right at home LOL.

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, and BTW...I LOVE snowmen and collect them...totally love the shower curtain :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shower curtain! And Elf is so the best Christmas movie, oh but I do so love Nestor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was going through MMOM withdrawl - so I've resurrected it on Acting Balanced until Java starts posting again - please feel free to stop by and check out this week's questions at http://www.actingbalanced.com/2012/02/meet-me-on-monday.html

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)