12.05.2011

Anxious




I know
what I am not supposed to do.
The words are not wasted on me.

Tell my inner man, could you please?
He seems on the brink of catastrophe
from the inside out,
though longing to be
at peace.

Tell my heart, Be still, Fear not, Trust
and it beats harder, still
A rebel
with a cause.
Does anyone submit here, at all?

Tell my mind
such wisdom, it has beheld-

Tell my eyes,
"Remember, what you saw?"

My ears, "Don't you recall what you have heard?"

The two words...
Only believe.
Taunting me.
Why are they not enough in the waiting?
Why is your voice, hard to hear?
Why do you feel so faraway, when you promised me you would be near?

Remind me tonight, 
Lord-that Thomas you heard, and you held out your hands, 
though it seems rather absurd.
Show me tonight, 
along the Damascus Road, for my eyes grow weary and my heart grows cold.

Lord, 
I'm not Peter or Paul but I've answered your call.
Are you angry with me when I doubt?

Lord, there is a reason you tarry,
and why should I not enjoy your presence, all the more?
Why should I busy myself with many distractions? 
Wondering what is to be?
For tomorrow, You have not promised- 
But right now, I can be caught up with You
by faith.
Your precious gift.

Don't say it.
Be anxious.
I know it.
For nothing.
I know it so well.
Every situation...check.
by prayer and petition.
Not diversion and distraction?
Sigh.
With Thanksgiving.
I'm thankful, Lord.
But I'm anxious.
Present my requests to You?
I don't want to be anxious, Lord.
Please, Help.
Amen.




Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6




5 comments:

  1. Prayers for peace and calmness. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there is a person alive who CANNOT relate to all of this, my friend. Saying 'thanks for sharing this' doesn't seem enough. This is beyond beautiful.

    Much love, grace & peace to you, Dawn,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think all of us humans relate to this. i can't help but think, that we're on the right track just knowing we need the Lord's help. hang in there, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do not be anxious..how many times does the Scripture tell us that? Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)