11.26.2011

What God Knows




The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.
~ Deuteronomy 29:29


God knows what others don't-
they think they understand,
but my God knows the secret things,
that have been done to me by man.

His eyes
search and roam about the earth
Not a thing escapes His sight,
So I keep my hidden things-
close to me
broken and contrite.

My pain and shame remind me,
of that which I forget,
and in the darkest moments
call to mind my regrets.

Each choice and path did lead me,
further down a road,
although I did not know the way,
and I carried a heavy load.

I ran, I did-
escaping,
 pain that would not depart-
I ran as fast and hard as I could
but could not escape my own heart.

Soiled it felt, soiled it was.
Stained, bruised and scarred.
Until it finally dawned on me- 
You can't run from who you are.

I have come to know Him,
this God who knows it all.
The hidden things, the secret things
the darkness behind the fall.

He does not excuse, or rationalize 
these evils done by man,
He does not turn His back on sin,
because He has a plan.

He sees the things you do not know,
although you try to judge-
a person based on what you see,
without an ounce of love.

What God knows,
you do not know-
be careful what you say.

You're limited, 
in what you know, and hindered by your sight.
Would you rather judge
or bring 
others to the Light?

So fragile, each heart-
be careful not to betray-

be gentle, so gentle
let compassion be displayed,

His eye is on the sparrow
His love will make the way. 

What God knows,
you don't know.

To have His mind, to have His heart...

compassion is displayed.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, 
   neither are your ways my ways,
            declares the LORD. 
 As the heavens are higher than the earth, 
   so are my ways higher than your ways 
   and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8-9


What I know about my God is that He gives beauty for ashes,
and strength for fears, gladness for mourning and peace for despair.
(A little Crystal Lewis in the mix from Isaiah 61:1-3
Today, I praise the name of Jesus, who brings freedom to the captives, release from darkness AND a crown of beauty to the Glory of God the Father. Amen and Hallelujah!

I am Thankful for This God.
Do you know Him?
Do you believe in Him? 





It's been awhile AND I am late BUT, felt like sharing some Crystal- I wanted Beauty For Ashes but could not find a quality version to share! But I love this one as well! Linking up with Amy @ Signs, Miracles and Wonders



9 comments:

  1. I had heard Crystal Lewis but this song... it just really touched my heart. Thank you so much for sharing today!!

    Tänia of
    Simply God's Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely poem and tribute to our God who knows and sees everything in out thoughts and hearts! :)

    A touching and thoughtful song to share; inspiring!

    Blessings for a joyful day!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Tania! @ Denise, thanks for stopping by! Please check out Why Thank you, Come Stay Awhile ( I had to double check which post!) , when you can- I linked your Blog! Also I usually respond via e-mail as opposed to in my own comment section, as I am not sure someone will return and see the comment! But Denise , you do not have an e-mail on Google! Blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn,

    Such a sweet and beautiful poem this is! Your words touch on that which I think so many of us can relate to completely.

    Thank you so much for sharing the deepness of your heart and soul, for always being so achingly transparent in whatever you write.

    I love anything and everything by Crystal Lewis. She is such a joy and what a voice! Wish I could sing like that. Maybe when I get to Heaven? ;)

    Grace & peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful poem Dawn! It is truly a gift how you are able to express yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a beautiful poem. I have never heard of this singer before! AND this is just showing up in my Google Reader TODAY, Wednesday, the 30th. I wonder why??? Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Came by on the Super Stalker Sunday Hop :-)
    Following GFC
    http://ramblingandadventure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful poem and reminder.

    I'm a new follower on the stalker hop.

    Regina
    www.thecrazynutsmom.com

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)