11.10.2011

Childlike Faith

I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God
 like a little child will never enter it.
Luke 18:17


I have a picture of my daughter chasing a butterfly in our backyard,
when she was about three years old.
I love the picture and the sheer, oblivious,
 joy that she exhibited while she pursued the evasive, winged insect.

 Today I am thankful that I have a childlike faith.

A faith that is a gift from God. A faith that is both mature AND childlike.
 A faith that will not be extinguished by the "party pooper" people (as I like to think of them).
You know the kind, that can't smile at stranger, or greet a fellow believer,
JUST BECAUSE you both have the same Father in Heaven.


I still chase butterflies.

I AM amazed at flying airplanes.

I stare up at the trees during Fall, eagerly anticipating falling leaves.

The wind is magical to me.

I sometimes eat snow.

look forward to Snow Days!

I have eyes to see and ears to hear.

Most of all,

I still run as fast as I can whether happy or sad-

Into the arms of my Jesus.







The beautiful picture on my Blog post today is called "Precious In His Sight"
 by the artist Greg Olsen, Click and visit his handiwork! I love this picture!

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Would love to see the picture of your daughter! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely sentiment! We are a lot alike, I can tell from your comments! Thank you for sharing yourself with us.
    I am blog hopping & following you from Beck Valley Books. Growing Old With Grace http://growing-old-with-grace.blogspot.com/. Hugs, GraceinAZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I'm sure the photo is lovely.

    I can't help but smile at strangers often, i'm sure the occasional one may think i'm odd!
    Who cares :-)

    Passing through for Beck Valley Book's blog hop & following you too.

    TToria
    xo
    http://ttoria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)