10.18.2011

There is "Fellowship" in the Blogosphere

Christian Devotional blogs

 
Well for those of you who believe this Internet world is just an evil, wicked, place - I have news for you! I have found a fellowship and community of passionate believers who enjoy sharing their own gifts, talents and abilities via the online community  affectionately known as this wonderful Blogosphere! They seek to go where no Christians have gone before...one such community I am excited to be affiliated with is called The Fellowship of Devotional Bloggers. I first heard of them when I visited a fellow Christian Blogger's site as a newbie to this strange new world back in May. I saw that there was a 6 month minimum for inclusion into this particular group and so I put it on my list as a future mental milestone and I continued on my own particular bloggy journey. Well hooray for me! I have hit that milestone, written past my 50th blog post and met some amazing fellow Christians along the way! In addition to having a minimum time standard for bloggers, and of more significance, is the call to the blogger to agree with and uphold the following statement:

  "I resolve to blog in a way that brings honor to God and encourages other Christians to walk closer to Him."


Well, that is exactly MY hope and prayer for this Blog. In addition I might add that my personal conviction is to remain authentic. I do not like superficiality, especially with regard to faith.
To me this means two things:
1. Without complacency in my walk and zeal for my God. I do not want to be a mediocre Christian nor do I desire to be a Super-Christian- My life verse is found in Ecclesiastes and I pray I am wise to follow it "Whoever fears God will avoid all extremes." (This is NIV and it translates differently in other versions - this particular version speaks well to this child!) I do want to be faithful, available and tender to that which He calls me to in Christ Jesus, my Lord whether it is home, work, blog, play!
2. I Never want to forget what it feels like to be lost and without the Hope and Identity that comes from belonging to and knowing Him. That keeps me sensitive, compassionate and open to others.
Mercy wins, hands down, always.

I am very grateful to the many fellow bloggers, who I have been blessed to meet and visit, thanks to the Internet. I am also thankful to two other groups I want to mention that are also excellent Christian Devotional Groups to which I am proud and grateful to belong: The High Calling and Faithful Bloggers. Check these great sites out,  discover and enjoy the Fellowship available in the Blogosphere! Now go and get your blog on! Don't forget to leave some encouragement wherever you visit! Have a blessed bloggy, day!


As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.
Proverbs 27:17
   


9 comments:

  1. I agree. I've found some great fellowship in the blogosphere, and some great encouragement to live out my faith outside the digital world too. Blessings to you and your writing!

    Manifest Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and amen!! Yes, I must agree. Myself, I've found encouragement, support, comfort and some much needed life lessons in the blogosphere (and picked up some new words as well)and 'met' some wonderfully sweet people along the way...like you, Dawn. It's been a delight to walk this path. Keep writing and sharing straight from your heart!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you've found a new group that fits your passion and purpose! I love the encouraging side of the blogosphere (including you!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, there are lots of good Christians blogs written by nice people out on the web. It's one of the best things you can find on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy for you! And I agree, I've found quite a few friends here in blogging world that I truly cherish! Hope you enjoy your new endeavor! Thanks for your comment on my blog today! I always like to go the person's blog and leave a comment. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn, found you via Tracy's Winsome Wednesday blog hop. Like you I have been blessed by the many other Christians sharing their journey through blogs. May your light continue to shine brightly for Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool and I agree, it's amazing what I have learned and who I have "met" in the Christian blogosphere. It's a special place. I love seeing how many of us are out there with the purpose of growing the Kingdom for His glory!

    Blessings,
    Mel
    Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dawn,

    Thanks for your heartfelt words of encouragement. Faithful Bloggers and The Fellowship of Devotional Bloggers are the sites that encouraged me to get started; I will have to "discover" The High Calling. :)

    The blessings of reaching out and sharing each of our passions and desires has been an incredible gift of God's loving grace; I am so thankful for fellow-shipping with each and every one of my blog family members! :)

    Blessings and hugs!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dawn:
    Thank you for directing me to this page in your blog. I will now start exploring these other sites.

    Blessings on you,

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)