9.21.2011

ReDefining Me

A birthday card from my West Coast BFF, Sara
This is NOT who I am!



 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.  Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:1-2



Well, I guess I didn't completely blow it. The interview that I went on this week, that is. I mean you'd think that after the phone call, I would have had some kind of epiphany. I would have clarified my "goals". Are you kidding? My feet have felt like Fred Flinstones as I have been making way around and about in the circles of my life. Yabba - dabba -doo! Yet, my heels have dug in and I have been stopped in my tracks with the possibilities to come. Here is how it looks in list form:

1. Unexpected life event/change
2. Anger
3. Reality knocks
4. Denial
5. Possibility knocks
6. Grief, Denial and Anger mixed= Perceived Injustice
7. Reality Barges In, Possibilities Unseen
8. FEAR @ Future, confidence shaken
9. Faith steps in (about time, where have you been?)
10. Step Out in Faith
11. Fall Flat on Face
12. God sweeps up the mess, sets me back on feet
13. Faith, Peace, God confidence increased






 I have been walking with Him long enough to know,
that when I lose sight of His footprints,
he has not lost sight of mine.


This morning I woke up with the most amazing sense of peace. You know the kind that comes when others have prayed for you, and you know that you know that you know, it is SUPERNATURAL.

What is an END in one sense is a beginning in another.


 NOT the End of the story.


      Redefine -1. To define (as a concept) : REFORMULATE
                          2. a. To reexamine or reevaluate especially with a view to change                          
                                              b. TRANSFORM 


The exciting news is:

He Is Redefining Me
It's OK, that I do not know what tomorrow will bring,
because I know Him who is the King of Kings!
Wherever He wants me
He will bring it to pass
He directs the hearts of men,
He guides me as I ask
What was meant for my end
will surely bring something new
as I learn to depend
on the one called
 Faithful and True
Why would I doubt Him?
Why should I fear?
What today is unknown
Tomorrow will be clear
Waiting on Him
Seeking His Face
Leaning each day on
His amazing grace
My time is in His hands
each moment, each breath
all of my plans
May I hold on so loosely to who I believe I am
and yield myself freely
To the Great I AM.
May I learn to be who He wants me to be
Not bound by roles
which are temporary
I am His
That's who I am
May I believe with my whole heart
forever His lamb.

©Dawn Paoletta



He has taken me to the banquet hall and his banner over me is love.
Song of Songs 2:4






3 comments:

  1. Wow!! Beautifully breathtaking and just what I needed to hear today. I'm printing out your poem and framing it. It's priceless.

    Thanks Dawn.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you , Pam! I was in New York for a WOman's Retreat but was blessed to know that he words God gave me were a blessing to you! He is so good to give us what we need to encourage one another in due season! In His Grace, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Dawn! I am thankful to have Him as my foundation - aren't you?

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)