8.07.2011

A Testimony

As I was going through some papers I came across a poem I wrote about my journey many moons ago...I thought I'd share it:

Visiting Pennsylvania

A Testimony


You called,
I listened and paused to look your way
busy chasing my own dreams, not ready to obey.
Barely hesitating, uncertain in my glance,
Surely I 'm not worthy - so I left my life to chance...

You called again,
this time I stopped and pondered on your truth.
I contemplated, as you waited-
patient through and through.

You watched me in my blindness
falter, stumble and fall.
You watched with loving, longing eyes but I couldn't comprehend it all.

You reached to me from heaven,
and tried to lift me up-
how sad I didn't understand the blood within the cup.

Still, you did not give up...

I stood my ground stubbornly.
Full of pride and confidence,
I clung to my own ignorance-
thinking " I can do this on my own".

So satan smiled for a little while,
another sinner lost- and far from home.

But...the love of Jesus!

Crucified, for me he died- Yes, even me!

Humbly, I fell to my knees,
at last the realization,
no more need for contemplation.

Jesus has made me see! Jesus has set me free!
In His name is my victory.

Now, I give thanks every day.
I praise the Lord, I thank the Lord,
for His Son who is The Life, The Truth, The Way.
I lay down my life, I give it all to Him -
 in His name I live and pray.

To God be the Glory,
In Jesus name, Amen.


Well Happy Sunday friends, and may His light shine in, through and upon you!

Enthusiastically,
Dawn

6 comments:

  1. What a powerful post! I love this! And this one statement stands on its own: How sad I didn't understand the blood within the cup.

    I came over from Monday Mingle.

    Have a blessed week!
    Beth

    http://mydestinysharinghope.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, your comment on my site made me smile. I am following you via email! I'm glad you liked my blog and I pray what you find there will be a blessing!

    God bless you today Dawn!

    Love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful poem. So many of us get lost and some are lucky to find the way again and some are not. Glad you did.

    God Bless.

    Mary
    @sweepingme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspirational blog. Thanks for sharing!

    I'm visiting from the Monday Mingle.

    Full Cart Full Wallet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Dawn!! I'm so glad God doesn't give up on us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing your heart. We do get so busy chasing our own dreams, don't we.

    I found you at Tough Cookie's Monday Mingle. Following you now. Stop by when you can.

    ReplyDelete

walk along the shore with me and leave your footprints in the sand-
I'm listening, friend...in November I will not be replying so often, but instead slip quietly over to your place for a visit. ;)